Web
Analytics
Report - - Brunel House, Portsmouth - May 2014 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Brunel House, Portsmouth - May 2014

Cramrawr

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited at possibly the worst time of the day for where this building is situated. Took far too many pictures, was tough choosing which to upload!

Brunel House is a former Ministry of Defense office building that was used to provide accommodation to civil servants and naval officers from the 1960s until the Cold War ended.

Roof Height 41.00m (I think)

Total Floors 12

Primary Use Office

As I've mentioned before, I am no photographer, so I just snap some stuff with my iPhone.

I had huge amounts of problems with Photobucket whilst making this report so a few of my photos messed up with sizing and what not.

03f8fa7b-ded2-4549-8f69-50b0e21f11c2_zps8808a848.jpg

So, where do I sign in?

IMG_2550_zpsf73b106b.jpg

As you can see, they have state-of-the-art anti-trespassing.

IMG_2531_zpsaa64e73c.jpg

Cuppa anyone??

IMG_2532_zps10086c72.jpg

I was unbelievable curious as to why this was the only key left behind... I'm going to dream about this key for weeks.

IMG_2537_zpsa9aa8f32.jpg

Roughly translated to: Meeting in progress, piss off!!

IMG_2528_zpsd569d2bb.jpg

Small break room on the top floor, the top floor would be AMAZING for parties.

IMG_2549_zps7b66f73e.jpg

And then the thing I was mostly looking forward to, the view, this would look amazing at night.

IMG_2545_zpsdc7af8a2.jpg

IMG_2546_zpsf22ca299.jpg

IMG_2547_zpsd8b16134.jpg

And last not least, a well deserved cigarette.

IMG_2548_zps5da9839b.jpg

Attachments

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Re: Brunel House - Portsmouth - May 2014

Nice work mate, good to see something develop from a lead, albeit your own.

Cramrawr

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Nice work mate, good to see something develop from a lead, albeit your own.
Yeah, finally found a way in! After like my 6th trip down there. I've spent more time around this damn building than I have at my own home!

urbanchaser

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Always wanted to have a look around this place!! Walked past it the other day and said to my mate.. That place is worth a look, but don't look like there's an easy way in!? Guess I was wrong ;-)

Cramrawr

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Always wanted to have a look around this place!! Walked past it the other day and said to my mate.. That place is worth a look, but don't look like there's an easy way in!? Guess I was wrong ;-)
You were very wrong ;) there is an extremely way in which I missed the first few scouts. It is probably one of the least vandalised places I have been.

AandT

28DL Member
28DL Member

My Dad was a security guard in this building back in the '90s. I can remember getting the bus down to meet him after school then helping him lock up and set the alarms. We'd get the lift up to the top then switch it off and check each floor on the way down. I can remember another time during the day when we were messing about on the roof.

UrbanCreed

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Oh wow. The last time I attempted to check this place out - I dropped down from a broken window into a room and tripped an alarm.

Seffy

Bally up!
Regular User

Always good when persistence pays off ain't it? Nice to see something else from these parts too, after other things recently!

Blackeagle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Nice One :) :D
It had to be done definately up for this before it goes :p :p :bananapopcorn:popcorn

Last edited:

UrbanRose

28DL Member
28DL Member
Sadly as I type this the place is on fire!
(nowt to do with me, this isn't a confession, I just happened to see it on good old facebook!)