real time web analytics
General - - Brunner mond warehouse. June 2015. Northwich | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Brunner mond warehouse. June 2015. Northwich

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

keat_expo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The visit:
Visited with @Billy Cole and mault (not on here). So after driving past this place everyday I finally decided to take a look in. Access was bloody difficult for someone as unagile and clumsy as me :p inside it's pretty much stripped apart from a few fire extinguishers and traffic cones o_O and vandals have been in and smashed almost every pane of glass :banghead However just the size of the place was amazing, it was huge!

History:
Been going over the Internet all last night and I still can't find any information on this building. It was defiantly owned by brunner mond (chemical production company). Not exactly sure when this place was left either, there was graffiti dated from 1995 but I think that may be a little to old seeing as brunner mond/ICI only sold up that area in about 2010. I think the buildings use was as a storage area for the soda ash (produced in the nearby 'snow factory' on wallescote island) and a place for loading lorries with it because of the cranes and loading bays inside. If anyone has any info on its history please comment, it'd be interesting to know more :rolleyes:

Exterior:
2015-06-23 09.38.17.jpg

2015-06-23 09.36.41.jpg

And yes, we did have a go on the ladder :D
2015-06-23 09.35.24.jpg

2015-06-23 09.53.17.jpg

2015-06-23 09.32.43.jpg

2015-06-23 09.34.03.jpg

2015-06-23 09.31.37.jpg

2015-06-23 09.30.29.jpg

2015-06-23 09.28.47.jpg

2015-06-23 09.19.38.jpg

2015-06-23 09.25.47.jpg

2015-06-23 09.21.05.jpg

2015-06-23 09.18.17.jpg

And finish off with a lovely radiator...
2015-06-23 09.16.33.jpg

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You need to get across to the factory with the silos.. great explore, plenty of reports on here of it, I put one on a few days ago

Ratboy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i used to live across the road from this and there used to be another factory on this site and the Brunner Mond offices were further up the hill where the new housing estate is.this is due to be demolished in the near future as the housing estsate expands and a new flyover coming from Barnton over the river near to wallerscote island plant which is due for demolision next year..

keat_expo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i used to live across the road from this and there used to be another factory on this site and the Brunner Mond offices were further up the hill where the new housing estate is.this is due to be demolished in the near future as the housing estsate expands and a new flyover coming from Barnton over the river near to wallerscote island plant which is due for demolision next year..
It's all coming to an end, sad really, had some great times round these places :coat

samsung12

28DL Member
28DL Member
Its not just the Wallerscote island that's due for demolition. The winnington site is due also, the only plant that's currently running is the Sodium Bicarb / part of the TSB and the compressor / turbine hall.

The rest of the site including Calcium chloride, MOL, DBO, High Kilns, Secheurs, rail offloading, Light ash and heavy ash silos are all being decommissioned.

Been in these structures hundreds of times with my job, especially areas plant operatives haven't been for years.

A very interesting place was the redundant / decommissioned A-Station power plant (Now demolished) - But also a very dangerous place.

keat_expo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Its not just the Wallerscote island that's due for demolition. The winnington site is due also, the only plant that's currently running is the Sodium Bicarb / part of the TSB and the compressor / turbine hall.

The rest of the site including Calcium chloride, MOL, DBO, High Kilns, Secheurs, rail offloading, Light ash and heavy ash silos are all being decommissioned.

Been in these structures hundreds of times with my job, especially areas plant operatives haven't been for years.

A very interesting place was the redundant / decommissioned A-Station power plant (Now demolished) - But also a very dangerous place.

Interesting and I would love a job like yours!