real time web analytics
Report - - Buckston Brown Animal Research Centre - July 2011 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Buckston Brown Animal Research Centre - July 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
I loved this place.
The wonderful lighting. The amazing stalactites and mites. The weird room of stuff.
Was an interesting visit. We were just finishing up and had got into the main farmhouse. I looked out of the window to see a car pull up. 2 dodgy men got out and were rummaging in their boot. One was wearing a cowboy hat. We watched from the top floor and heard them come in and out of the house a few times. At this point I thought they were metal thieves. We kept still.
Had the usual dilemma, do I hide my camera to stop it being nicked, or wear it like a badge to show im not trouble.
Then 2 women got out of the car. They set up a chair in front of the house and lay a piece of equipment on it and stood right back. Then they stared contstantly at the house. WTF was going on? Were they gonna blow the place up? Darkness was coming. We stood still. An hour passed - they kept still watching the house.
Lots of in and out from the group.
We snuck downstairs...looking at one of the girls about 10 feet away via a reflection in a piece of broken glass. She was staring straight at me but obvioulsy couldnt see.
Then listened to their conversation. They were talking about some bats they had seen before.
Then it clicked. The machine was an ultrasound detector. They were looking for bats.
Relief.
Then the decision about how to exit without freaking everyone out. They were here to stay. Getting dark. Only one way out.
Then the doors were being unlocked behind us so we jumped out. Said hi to the girl and walked on. She looked extremely rattled.
Met the other girl in the grounds. She said they were doing a bat survey. Were gonna spend the night (thank god we didnt wait for hours). She said get out, before her boss came back.
Fun times.

Wikipedia says of Buckston Browne Farm: “Built in 1931 as a surgical research centre by the Royal College of Surgeons (RCS). In the 1980s, the farm caused controversy because of its use of vivisection techniques, and in August 1984 it was raided by anti-vivisection activists.” It’s been a wreck for some years, and there’s now a planning application to turn this into housing. Down House, Charles Darwin’s former home, is around the corner.

DSC_5700.jpg

DSC_5255.jpg

DSC_5267.jpg

DSC_5272.jpg

DSC_5276.jpg

DSC_5282.jpg

DSC_5324.jpg

DSC_5333.jpg

DSC_5360.jpg

DSC_5363.jpg

DSC_5369.jpg

DSC_5372.jpg

DSC_5393.jpg

DSC_5408.jpg

DSC_5435.jpg

DSC_5463.jpg

DSC_5508.jpg

DSC_5517.jpg

DSC_5520.jpg

DSC_5523.jpg

DSC_5562.jpg

DSC_5565.jpg

DSC_5572.jpg

DSC_5595.jpg

Cheers Guys
I accidentally missed a whole bunch of the photos in the upload!!!

DSC_5607.jpg

DSC_5619.jpg

DSC_5625.jpg

DSC_5634.jpg

DSC_5643.jpg

DSC_5658.jpg

Last edited:

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
cheers guys
just realised i missed a whole bunch in the upload process. added them to the top and here are 3 overspill ones!!!

DSC_5688.jpg

DSC_5694.jpg

DSC_5622.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details