real time web analytics
Report - - Buckton Vale Quarry - Carrbrook - Jan 2011 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Buckton Vale Quarry - Carrbrook - Jan 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
BUCKTON VALE QUARRY – CARRBROOK

HISTORY

Info about the quarries past and future is very vague, the best info comes from HidenShadows visit in December!
“The quarry was involved in Gritstone and Sandstone extraction / processing. It sits below Buckton Castle (Which is a scheduled ancient monument).”

The only other info is the site is currently mothballed, looking at the state of the plant and machinery it won’t open in the near future if at all. The good thing is it is returning back to nature; was lucky enough to see a Peregrine, a mountain hare and a fox while wandering around.

My Visit

I have known about this quarry for years, I even lived in Carrbrook for a bit, but always thought it was still a live site. After HiddenShadows visit in December I thought I’d pay it a visit. First attempt found that the site is occupied during the week; so as I had an hour or two spare today I though I’d pay it another visit :)

The entrance

1-6.jpg

First impressions

2-6.jpg

3-7.jpg

View from the top off a conveyor

4-6.jpg

Looking down the conveyor

5-5.jpg

Safety switch to disable the conveyor

6-5.jpg

Abandoned shovel

7-5.jpg

Another shovel

9-5.jpg

A feeder hopper
11-4.jpg

The hopper

10-4.jpg

General view of the quarry and conveyors

12-3.jpg

A hobbit hole

13-3.jpg

View from the top of another conveyor (leads to the main hoppers)

14-3.jpg

I doubt they’ll have many more accident statistics as the site is barely manned, was hoping there was a 2 and an 8, but alas!

15-2.jpg

Well that’s it, an interesting site to wander around – wellies recommended​

Last edited: