real time web analytics
Report - - Building 19 - Valencia, March 2011 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Building 19 - Valencia, March 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ric

темний Прип'ять
28DL Full Member
Hi Guys, My first high stuff report hope you like:

Building 19 is one of the many apartment/business blocks around the new modern Valencia city of arts and sciences park (CAS), I spied out this building while having a walk around and thought it would have a great view from the top, so a few days later I set about gaining access to the roof, so yesterday I headed back there to try.

Some info about CAS:

The City of Arts and Sciences is a unique complex devoted to scientific and cultural dissemination which is made up of five main elements: the Hemisfèric (IMAX cinema and digital projections), the Umbracle (a landscaped vantage point and car park), the Príncipe Felipe Science Museum (an innovative centre of interactive science), the Oceanográfico (the largest aquarium in Europe with over 500 marine species) and the Palau de les Arts Reina Sofía (which takes care of the operatic programme).

Along an area of just under two kilometres that was formerly the bed of the River Turia, this complex promoted by the Generalitat Valenciana has striking architecture - designed by Santiago Calatrava and Félix Candela - and an endless capacity for entertaining and stimulating the minds of its visitors. In its various buildings they can get to know different aspects of science, technology, nature, and art.

DSC_4884.jpg

Building 19

DSC_4879.jpg

23 storeys of.. Hope the lift works..

DSC_4872.jpg

Looking west over the city, various other blocks and communal gardens

DSC_4854.jpg

Palau de les Arts Reina Sofía (Oprah house)

DSC_4878.jpg

DSC_4858.jpg

And the main attraction (I wanted this shot for a long time) this is the main part of CAS, you can see the Hemisfèric, Umbracle, Príncipe Felipe Science Museum, Ã￾gora and the CAS bridge.

DSC_4867.jpg

Some nice light trails from the cars

DSC_4850.jpg

Hope you like, Cheers

Escopeta

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
the photos are great! I'm also active in valencia, how did you access the rooftop?