real time web analytics
Report - - Building of creepy construction, Eastbourne, Dec '11 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Building of creepy construction, Eastbourne, Dec '11

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

the126

Reckless & irresponsible
28DL Full Member
This building was on the same site as this one:
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=66918

The building was at the back of the site and from a distance looked like any other trashed 1950's ex-council yard concrete pre-fab, which I wouldnt normally bother with! I had a look anyway and it was as I thought- wrecked (the sort of place that ends up in the pit 'o despair)! I was putting the camera away when I noticed an engraving in one of the walls, upon looking closer I realised what it was and asked myself...WTF?

IMG_2221.jpg

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2232.jpg

IMG_2205.jpg

Notice the engravings in the walls...

IMG_2227.jpg

IMG_2219.jpg

IMG_2220.jpg

The blocks are First World War military headstones:eek:
IMG_2209.jpg

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2210.jpg

IMG_2211.jpg

IMG_2212.jpg

IMG_2216.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2217.jpg

I started thinking all sorts of things, mainly disgust at the thought of these memorials being used in such a way:(
I have since been in contact with a mate who is an expert on researching all things do to with military history and he traced the names on some of the headstones, thankfully he found the people are all buried in France.
Therefore we could only imagine that these stones were either flawed when they were made and rejected or were damaged at some point and replaced.

Not a building material you see everyday!

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Was behind the old pumping station, used to be a council yard, unfortunately the buildings have all been demo'd, minus the pumping station itself.

the126

Reckless & irresponsible
28DL Full Member
As Monk already said it was behing the old bedfordwell pumping station.
The pump house is the only bit left and was about to be developed but it seems to have stalled

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Was a camera crew & a man in a suit being interviewed out front this morning, I was always told that the agreement was, if they developed it, they had to put a link road in through the fields.

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
very strange.

For the record any Commonwealth War Grave can be located using this link and the database of over 1.7million graves can be searched by surname, date, war, rank, regiment, or awards. Can confirm all the above names are buried at various cemeteries in France.

Who has read this thread (Total: 7) View details