real time web analytics
Report - - Bull Pot - Kingsdale - November 2011 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bull Pot - Kingsdale - November 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Horus

Butt Wipe
28DL Full Member
Bull Pot

Attendace: Horus, Model A

Being unemployed is really hard work, means I get the chance to go caving :D This is one that Solomon done so I felt like using my spare time to go adventure it, Its the second cave iv had to endure SRT other than Alum Pot, really great cave, apparently rated at 3 I thought different as it was very tight in place's and was quite difficult to move around connecting and disconnecting.

BullPot.jpg

Top of the Cave, reaching down to a 10m pitch, unfortunately there was other people down in the cave so we couldn't use the anchors that we wanted to, So we had to make a awkward deviation to decent.

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

Part 2

BullPot1.jpg

As you can see it was pretty tight to move around, took me sometime to find a place to set my camera up to get at least one picture from this area.

IMG_0006.jpg

Part 3

BullPot2.jpg

Looking down to the 4th pitch, 8m down through a tight passage way, makes it more difficult when carrying camera bag + a bag full of rope, It did open up at the bottom where we met the other group coming out.

IMG_0008.jpg

Part 4

BullPot3.jpg

This was the biggest abseil in the cave system, reaching at 16m and 2 deviations, getting down wasn't the problem as you gravity on your side, climbing back up was a different story, the bag containing 70 meters of rope and the camera back was now dripping wet, giving it an increasing weight to haul up.

IMG_0011.jpg

Part 5

BullPot4.jpg

Before adventuring to the last pitch there was a passageway leading off, pretty tight in these area's to it was hard to set camera up again, managed to get some pictures though ;)

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

Part 6

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get pictures of the bottom where the sump was, we had to go through a very tight passageway with what states a 10m drop below us, strangely we used a 50m rope on this and just managed to get at bottom, it was so tight I was unable to even move my head round so the camera bag had to stay at Part 5

Hope you enjoyed viewing and reading :thumb

ConstantCaver

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice, would really like to do a bit more up at Leck Fell/Casterton Fell area, but it's a bit outside my area. Nice pics!