real time web analytics
Report - - Bull Sands Fort, Humber Estuary - May 2019 | Military Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bull Sands Fort, Humber Estuary - May 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Top stuff guys. Top write up too. So glad it all went well in the end. Makes for a good read though. Epic shenanigans.

EOA

Exploring with Bob
28DL Full Member
Right, so. What Job’s write up misses is, his boat nearly sunk (he has covered why) and we all stood there helplessly watching him sink, piss wet through and bail out the boat, because if we did try to help him, our additional weight would take the boat and him under. It was horrific. But that’s not the important omission .

When we went to the fort we had to wade the boats out and got piss wet through. My dry suit was being exchanged because it popped in the last mission, so I got to experience the cold of the sea. It’s vicious. I managed one way. And I would not have wanted to do another.

Since we’d lost an engine and a boat, there was only one option. Someone had to ferry Jobs boat back and forth three times to get us all safely to back to dry land in ever increasing fog. That was Jobs. Piss wet through. Cold as fuck. Having come close to being swept out to sea and I don’t doubt, not far from hypothermia. Six trips, two and a half hours. No rest. Hypothermic conditions.

Jobs mentioned I stayed on the fort on my own for a short time. You only do that if you trust that the guy with the boat will come back to get you. And Jobs did. Still smiling.

So, things could have gone better and we learned lessons, but this should not be forgotten either, because that’s what it takes to get everyone home safe.

Last edited:

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
Right, so. What Job’s write up misses is, his boat nearly sunk (he has covered why) and we all stood there helplessly watching him sink, piss wet through and bail out the boat, because if we did try to help him, our additional weight would take the boat and him under. It was horrific. But that’s not the important omission .

When we went to the fort we had to wade the boats out and got piss wet through. My dry suit was being exchanged because it popped in the last mission, so I got to experience the cold of the sea. It’s vicious. I managed one way. And I would not have wanted to do another.

Since we’d lost an engine and a boat, there was only one option. Someone had to ferry Jobs boat back and forth three times to get us all safely to back to dry land in ever increasing fog. That was Jobs. Piss wet through. Cold as fuck. Having come close to being swept out to sea and I don’t doubt, not far from hypothermia. Six trips, two and a half hours. No rest. Hypothermic conditions.

Jobs mentioned I stayed on the fort on my own for a short time. You only do that if you trust that the guy with the boat will come back to get you. And Jobs did. Still smiling.

So, things could have gone better and we learned lessons, but this should not be forgotten either, because that’s what it takes to get everyone home safe.

Bigjobs saved me from falling way too far into the Mersey after I got caught on a spiky fence like a dope. He’s the man to trust for sure.

It sounds like you were all way too close to things going wrong. I’m really glad you all worked together and made it back. Top effort.

Paradox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
And it's always handy when you find dry derp clothes and get to model them for your fans too :)

BSF 006.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 357) View details