real time web analytics
General - - Bunker along sea front | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Bunker along sea front

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

JasonC

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
not an underground bunker but a bunker none the less. The sign to this bunker will tell you the history behind it. U can easily walk in the bunker however its nothing special as it has no other rooms or a underground section. If u travel up the rest of the billy trail, u will see a massive brick building and a sign at the front of the building connecting both the bunk amd what was once a train station together. The bunker is accessable however the other building is reused to preserve the history. Amy questions please feel free to ask

Attachments

• 20210329_115826.jpg
    20210329_115826.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 70

mockney reject

Staff member
you might want to have a read of this to help you make this report a little better

JasonC

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have read the report guide and theres some things ik ive missed but dont seem tht big a deal to me and some things i dont understand what is getting explained to me. I get the usual amount of photos is 5 to 15 but it doesnt say i cant put just the 1 photo. Also it shows the bunker which is all u need to see plus the sign where the information sits.

JasonC

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Also i dont want to put up the location just yet in case theres any vandals who are looking to graffitti the place it should be optional not a necessity. The others i either understand or dont get wat its trying to tell me.

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Also i dont want to put up the location just yet in case theres any vandals who are looking to graffitti the place it should be optional not a necessity. The others i either understand or dont get wat its trying to tell me.

But equally, posting a 'report' like this is completely pointless.

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member
Also i dont want to put up the location just yet in case theres any vandals who are looking to graffitti the place it should be optional not a necessity.

Posting on 28DL isn't a necessity either but if you are going to do so you should follow the forum rules and requirements. If you don't wish to do that then don't post here. It really is that simple.

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
I have read the report guide and theres some things ik ive missed but dont seem tht big a deal to me and some things i dont understand what is getting explained to me. I get the usual amount of photos is 5 to 15 but it doesnt say i cant put just the 1 photo. Also it shows the bunker which is all u need to see plus the sign where the information sits.

you havenโ€™t attached any photos

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
1 pic isnt really a report though is it, no location no date. its a bit of a fail to be honest

SoutheasternExplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
not an underground bunker but a bunker none the less. The sign to this bunker will tell you the history behind it. U can easily walk in the bunker however its nothing special as it has no other rooms or a underground section. If u travel up the rest of the billy trail, u will see a massive brick building and a sign at the front of the building connecting both the bunk amd what was once a train station together. The bunker is accessable however the other building is reused to preserve the history. Amy questions please feel free to ask
So this was posted under "underground sites", and in the first sentence you say "not an underground bunker".
You then fail to tell us anything about the site, other than we can "read the sign" - not useful for people that don't live nearby.
You then give a hint at the location of "billy trail" - so with 2 minutes of google maps I can find the "bunker" - which is actually a type 22 pillbox.

This has to be the worst report ever posted on the forums
:banghead

A better report would be as follows:

TYPE 22 Pillbox - Hayling Island (March 2021)
This is a type 22 pillbox constructed around 1940-1941 on the west coast of Hayling Island, Hampshire, and was one of at least 25 other defense structures built on the island.
The pillbox has brick shuttering, and is in poor condition, with the entrance being broken down to allow animals to shelter inside the pillbox.
The loopholes on this pillbox are very basic, being just holes cut into the wall, with no outward splay.
The council have built an information board with details about the invasion defenses built on the island during the war.
Here are some images of the pillbox:
[insert image]

Who has read this thread (Total: 306) View details