Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Bunker possibly off Brancaster Beach, Norfolk | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Bunker possibly off Brancaster Beach, Norfolk

jdtaylor

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I believe from a walk around the area, on the beach at Brancaster, North Norfolk in the dunes there may be a small bunker with a couple of rooms, I'm not sure if anyone has heard or known about this but I just thought it may be of interest as it's right next to the Brancaster Golf Club, which I beleve has been going for a 100 years or so which is a red brick building possibly early 1900's.

pantomime horse

Nay Nay and thrice Nay
28DL Full Member
a wee google maps link would be usefull here.
also a pic of what you have seen would be good too

Isiah_Sheepworrier

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Brancaster Beach looks a damm interesting place if you have the Defence of Britain overlays for Google Earth. Several pillboxes, machine gun emplacements, a coastal battery, spigot mortar, anti tank gun emplacement and the remains of a couple of tanks.

T

The Queen

Yeh, I've been to Brancaster battery. lots of sand, a few rooms underground, nowt really report worthy. I played with glowsticks and cameras here, about all it's good for :)

jdtaylor

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That may have been what was found but it's worth mentioning the old ship hotel in brancaster is very good for food, I've eaten there 6 times or more now, it's really recommended.

Styru

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Yep, this was part of Norfolk's 'Costal Crust' during WW2, one of Chris Richmonds videos shows the Brancaster battery in all it's (now limited) glory

[video=youtube;p6P2nOuADVw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6P2nOuADVw[/video]