Web
Analytics
Report - - Burgoyne Chemical Works - beckton - March 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Burgoyne Chemical Works - beckton - March 2015

mrwhite

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
ok all credit goes to slayaaa for convincing me to go to this, as we haven't seen any reports from this place and we were strangely confused as to why and youl understand when you see inside..absolutely gorgeous.

Looking at the front we thought we wouldn't have any success but boy im glad we held out, this place has to be up there in my top 3 places, beautiful.

As i write this there im trying to find some history on it but all i kind find is this...im sure slayaaa will find some and post a more in depth report

I appologise for the multiple staircase shots and nearly 20 images lol, i just couldn't decide which ones to put

A little history of what i could find

Burgoyne, Burbidges & Co.’s Abandoned Chemical Works
Most of the ornate front building of Burgoyne, London, stands abandoned on a busy high street but not many passers-by give it a second glance. While part of the main building appears to have been incorporated into a fire station, the grandest section is overgrown and falling in to ruin.

There are allegedly thoughts to transform the decaying main building into an art studio or simply more accommodation but in the meantime, the gated archway entrance will continue to attract the attention of urban explorers. (urban explorers??)

DSC08952_zpsvyabvuy3.gif

DSC00069_zpsrpmnnfti.gif

DSC00064_zpsnb1tktry.gif

DSC00077_zpsgflarzku.gif

DSC00093_zpshgnigmo9.gif

This is my favorite room ,photos dont do it justice

DSC00095_zps96o7ejqa.gif

DSC00097_zpsrb3gfdmg.gif

DSC00118_zps6mq7hasp.gif

DSC00107_zpszve1aw6t.gif

DSC00135_zps7zhdvvig.gif

DSC00148_zpsiwsjt0yl.gif