real time web analytics
Report - - Buried Discharge, Bury - September 2016 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Buried Discharge, Bury - September 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

moako

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Situated on an overgrown bank of the River Irwell in Bury is the concrete outfall of this CSO.

139ef2.jpg

About 10 metres in is a small inspection chamber containing a fair amount of calcium deposits caused by dripping water.

43d193.jpg

754feb.jpg

About 4 metres further through the RCP is the overflow chamber.

10cda00.jpg

168a900.jpg

19d0b15.jpg

The outfall section of the overflow chamber is separated from a stilling pond by a heavily clogged-up grille.

254c062.jpg

A gap in the grille gives view to a penstock below, and possible access to the other side with the help of another person as the drop is deep.

28b05ea.jpg

Last edited:

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Good to see again, the amount of time I wasted looking for the manhole, fun times and good to see others bothering with this sort of stuff :thumb

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I still need to make the effort to see this, it's just down the road as well

moako

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I managed the crossing there in wellies one summer, it's about as shallow as you will ever get really with the Irwell
It is shallow but I definitely needed waders on my visit, even then I got a bit of water in one

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Grille looks like it needs replacing, amazed UU can get away with this, although once out of EU diktat, perhaps it will become easier?