real time web analytics
Report - - Burlington. | Noteworthy Reports | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Burlington.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Kinger

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Admin note: first explore of Burlington, using a very temporary access.

---------------------

Ok, its the one we've been waiting for...

"Burlington", "Site 3", "Subterfuge", etc etc, whatever you wish to call it!

MASSIVE thanks to @Oxygen Thief and @spungletrumpet for the tip off to this one. "They" said it wouldn't happen, but what do "they" know!

This quote from Burlington Bunker sums it up: "The emergency government war headquarters in Corsham is one of the MOD's best kept secrets. Although conspiracy theorists have pestered the MOD and urban explorers have pushed their limits around the bunker no member of the public has ever seen inside."

The Story:

Montstar and I made our way up to Corsham after speaking to a few people on here, and decided this particular opportunity was far too promising to miss!

After bumping into a few random people in Box mine as expected, and a couple of shit-your-pants moments trying to get in, we finally plucked up the do or die attitude required, and went all for broke! If we got busted from here on in, we'd have been dragged up to the MoD base at the

We had to dodge the gaze of a couple of contractors along the way, god knows what they're up to down there? Anyone know if the place has been sold on finally? They were definately clearing asbestos in the PO Telephone exchange room, which was a shame, as that had to be one of the highlights!

We were seriously running short on time, so we made our way to the Canteen, Kitchens and Laundry area, via some accomodation. We weren't dissapointed by what we saw.

Heres the pictures we managed to capture:
(forgive the point and clickness of some of them, we wern't exactly alone down there!)

Entrance slope
entry.jpg

Which lead to:
Westmainroad.jpg

Eastmainroad.jpg

InMemory.jpg

painting.jpg

And on to:
SouthAve.jpg

Which took us to the canteen area
Canteen.jpg

From here on out, I'll let the pics do the talking! Enjoy...
coffee.jpg

Canteen2.jpg

Chairs.jpg

Servery.jpg

Menu.jpg

kitchen1.jpg

kitchen2.jpg

Irons.jpg

sewing.jpg

areasigns.jpg

adam.jpg

road.jpg

We literally scratched the surface of this undergound maze, I'm a bit gutted we couldnt get in earlier, but I'm also hoping this report spurs people on to cover the other areas! Its possible guys, but who knows how long the window will last? We couldn't get that info...

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:

Montstar

28DL Member
28DL Full Member
Hopefully there's not going to be too many duplicate pictures here....My pictures are pretty whack, but I was shaking like a shittin' dog with adrenaline!!!

This opportunity will not be around for much longer.....get on it.

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

9. Contractors removing asbestos at the Telephone Exchange
DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

urbanity

28dl flâneur
28DL Full Member
Explore of the year so far? Brilliant stuff guys! So you didn't stop in after hours?

Who has read this thread (Total: 154) View details