real time web analytics
Report - - Burrows Court Tower Block, Nottingham, March 2012 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Burrows Court Tower Block, Nottingham, March 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DreamAwake

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
20 storey Burrows Court is a resdential tower block in the Sneinton area just outside of Nottingham City Center. It was built in 1967 and refurbished in 1994 and can be seen from many parts of the city.

burrows3.jpg

Burrows Court has been abandoned since 2005. Nottingham City Council put it up for sale in 2006, and it is now owned by Quickstart 2005 Limited.

Now there are plans to refurbish the tower block, as well as create six new apartments and eighteen houses nearby.

burrows2.jpg

Here's Burrows Court as viewed from the British Waterways building about a mile to the south. See our British Waterways Buildings report for more info here http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=69672

burrows1.jpg

We basically found this place by accident while cycling we noticed the tower block had no lights on so we did some research and decided to go explore :)

burrows4.jpg

Many of the windows are broken and the building is decaying at an impressive rate.

burrows6.jpg

There's graffiti, beer cans and signs of intentional damage all over the place, and on our second visit by the time we reached about the 16th floor we heard loud, persistent banging sounds coming from the few floors above us. Perhaps from someone squatting and trying to scare us off, which it did lol. So proceed with caution. Although we didn't come into contact with anyone at all on our first visit its worth noting there may be people living in the tower.

burrows7.jpg

Not much light gets into the building, and there are some wide open elevator shafts so use lights and watch your step :thumb

burrows8.jpg

Top floor rubble.

burrows10.jpg

And an epic view for miles in every direction :D

burrows9.jpg

Well worth a visit if you're in the area, but be warned there is climbing involved.

incense dragon

28DL Member
28DL Member
sorry for replying to a six year old post, but do you know if it is still accessible? I've never seen Nottingham city itself other than the train station, so i wouldn't know if it has been demolished or not.
the view looks wonderful, so i'm very interested and would just love to get up there, as well as some friends. any info is greatly appreciated!

AliMcK

28DL Member
28DL Member
sorry for replying to a six year old post, but do you know if it is still accessible? I've never seen Nottingham city itself other than the train station, so i wouldn't know if it has been demolished or not.
the view looks wonderful, so i'm very interested and would just love to get up there, as well as some friends. any info is greatly appreciated!
Im not sure if its still accessible buts its deffo still there!

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah the views are amazing and if anyone’s down to go explore it when I go then let me know thanks guys

JBNOTTINGHAM

28DL Member
28DL Member
This is being refurbed as we speak, works have been ongoing for the last month or so. Unsure if is still accessible but I can see this place from my flat so anyone up for checking it out let me know! :thumb