Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Bury Police HQ: demolition | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Bury Police HQ: demolition

Bolts

28DL Regular User
Regular User
jb23xf.jpg

Demolition finally started on this place: various cranes & diggers in main yard, staff hut in car park, security fencing all the way round. Doors open & PIRs disabled, last chance :thumb know there's a couple guys off here who want a look before it's gone​

Attachments

TAFM17

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Some news from the Bury Times : The council ran out of money to knock the building down, so they're leaving it as it is until someone buys the land. Personally I really liked the building. Good example of some brutalist archetecture

Bolts

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Some news from the Bury Times : The council ran out of money to knock the building down, so they're leaving it as it is until someone buys the land. Personally I really liked the building. Good example of some brutalist archetecture
Not what I've heard, they're going to finish clearing the site THEN they're leaving it.
Direct quote from the article:
It is anticipated that, once the site is fully cleared in the coming weeks. the council’s security costs for the site will fall.

TAFM17

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not what I've heard, they're going to finish clearing the site THEN they're leaving it.
Direct quote from the article:
I've not seen any demolition vehicles for a week or 2 though, they're normally there in the mornings moving bits of rubble. I must've misread the article.

Bolts

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I've not seen any demolition vehicles for a week or 2 though, they're normally there in the mornings moving bits of rubble. I must've misread the article.
Fair point actually, I walk past every day and I hadn't noticed until you said that about the demo vehicles...I guess we'll just have to wait and see :thumb