real time web analytics
Report - - Bus Maintenance Depot, Crewe - April 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bus Maintenance Depot, Crewe - April 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
New Find on 28DL :thumb

Crewe Bus Station was originally opened in 1960 during the pedestrianisation of Crewe town centre, before this busses stopped on the neighbouring market square. The site consisted of a large bus maintenance facility that also offered light car maintenance to the public. The garage was closed by current tenants Arriva in 2005 with all operations moved to Stafford. Today the site was purchased by Cheshire East Council who are planning to redevelop the area with a new shopping centre/ leisure facilities. Arriva have a 10 lease that will end in May and it is believed that the council will not renew it. There isn't really that much in there, I managed a very quick look about 2 years ago and it was piled high with junk that had accumulated over the years. In 2013 a driver didn't apply his handbrake when he left his bus across the yard, resulting from this the bus rolled back and collided with the wooden doors of the garage (you can see in the first photo where the doors were replaced).

IMG_3992.JPG

IMG_3892.JPG

IMG_3851.JPG

IMG_3855.JPG

IMG_3857.JPG

IMG_3900.JPG

IMG_3912.JPG

IMG_3886.JPG

IMG_3933.JPG

IMG_3929.JPG

IMG_3916.JPG

IMG_3944.JPG

IMG_3937.JPG

IMG_3972.JPG

IMG_3932.JPG

IMG_3945.JPG

Cheers for looking.​

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Good effort mate, and not a bad first report, good to see something a bit different as well :thumb

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
I Like this mate, very clean in there :thumb

Last edited:

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
I think I'm practically going to be living in here now, can't get my head around the Calvin Klein models on the wall. :confused:

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
My hopes weren't high going by the title but I'm pleasantly surprised, nicely done

Cheers mate, I was expecting a lot more to be honest. I have this photo from a few years ago and It looked a lot more busier inside.

Screen Shot 2013-04-08 at 20.39.23.jpg