real time web analytics
Report - - Butterley Engineering, Ripley August 2016 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Butterley Engineering, Ripley August 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

noahr2011

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well i'v finally got round to posting another outdated report now with photos.

The site was considerably more accessible than last time i came with access to most of the buildings wheras in my last report only one was accessible. The explore itself was pretty good although cut short by the events in the video (basically there was a potential druggy on the site making some strange noises in the rooms next to us). Due to this unfortunately i didn't get to take any pictures in some of the areas (for example the cafeteria).

History (copied and pasted from my last report lol (once again this came from BrainLs report because im crap at research).

Notable patents were taken out by the company's manager, Sir John Alleyne. In December 1859 Alleyne patented a method of producing a load-bearing iron beam known as the Butterley Bulb, used in many early iron steam ships including HMS Warrior In 1861 Alleyne patented a method that allowed hot ingots to be moved around a roller after they had passed by just one person. During the production of steel sections the bar has to be repeatedly put through rollers. Allowing this to happen using just one person was a substantial increase in productivity. By 1863 the company was rolling the largest masses of iron of any foundry in the country. Among its most famous buildings are the Barlow train shed at St. Pancras in London which included 240-foot spans.

Apologies for the horrendous camerawork in the video i forgot my gopro sd card so had to use my compact camera and im not used to aiming a camera without a mount lol. I go scaredy cat a bit at the end aswell lol.

116nvjt.jpg

4rxoci.jpg

20p4jvc.jpg

jkkhdz.jpg

25r2hc2.jpg

2vmvpsp.jpg

8wmi3d.jpg

9thaq9.jpg

2mey2pz.jpg

1pjq14.jpg

241ml9u.jpg

2dr8a2t.jpg