real time web analytics
Report - - Buttonhole, Leicester, July 2020 | UK Draining Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Buttonhole, Leicester, July 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
That’s very true Punk! @Calamity Jane, follow the light! You’ll have your mind changed!
Already have, I adore drains, really want to do one. I keep saying it, but Im worried re the smell, but certain ones on here im told are not that bad. I really love viewing them. The curve, stone work, the reflection whats not to like.

Calamity Jane

Regular User
So is this clean water? just cold? didnt know there was a difference. I know frig all about drains. Just know I adore the photos on here. :D

chills

Queller of the uprising
Already have, I adore drains, really want to do one. I keep saying it, but Im worried re the smell, but certain ones on here im told are not that bad. I really love viewing them. The curve, stone work, the reflection whats not to like.

Drains are fresh water from rainfall or infrastructure, sewers are the ones that smell. Jump in one, get a report up and maybe join us sometime ✌

Calamity Jane

Regular User
Drains are fresh water from rainfall or infrastructure, sewers are the ones that smell. Jump in one, get a report up and maybe join us sometime ✌
Ah now thats what I want. Ok your on. When im up that way road tripping, I will holla, you can be my guide lol. Id love to do this one. Gotta start somewhere.

Calamity Jane

Regular User
Do you want me to give you a shout next time we set up a drain meet?
Yep wouldnt mind please, see if I can get the old man to travel up, his always up for a rd trip . Cheers Punk

Last edited:

Nink

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm from Thrum, and I remember them building 'Buttonhole' as you call it when I was a kid.
At the railway end they diverted the brook while it was being constructed. (Rushey Mead as we know it today wasn't even there, and Watermead Park was just the local gravel pits.)
We used to explore the culvert at the roundabout at the end of Humberstone Lane.
I think they were gated years ago.
We also used to walk along a new sewer/water pipe when it was being laid, that is now under the grass verge all along the East side of Thurmaston bypass, and we explored the air raid shelters in the grounds of Thorn Lighting before urbecks was even invented. - Anyroad, I'm rambling...
Yours, an old git.

(PS: The Nick Catford reference made me chuckle...)

Last edited:

NuBoid

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report and pics guys. Surprising how quick the levels can rise moments after the first few drops start
Looks like someone had a picnic under that cracked manhole cover .....nowt like dining in style !!!!!! :thumb
Someone asked the question on here once "whats in your kitbag" ....and a few mentioned packed lunch ;)

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Nice report and pics guys. Surprising how quick the levels can rise moments after the first few drops start
Looks like someone had a picnic under that cracked manhole cover .....nowt like dining in style !!!!!! :thumb
Someone asked the question on here once "whats in your kitbag" ....and a few mentioned packed lunch ;)

Food is of great importance, it's not unusual for us to have a BBQ in a drain

Who has read this thread (Total: 429) View details