real time web analytics
Report - - Buxton waterworks.. Derbyshire, February 2020 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Buxton waterworks.. Derbyshire, February 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I visited this place with my usual two friends on what was a horrible sleety grey freezing morning. Not a lot to the building really, just your standard water treatment plant. Seems to be a lot this way. It's been stripped of anything value. But it still has some nice tanks and plenty of nice graffiti from the usual local greats like Coloquix, BrayK etc. Not a lot to find on this place but I suppose it won't have being a standard water works. Found some on a reunited page. The works opened in 1957. The reservoir which it serves was built to hold 450,000m3 which was reduced in 1946 due to it being on a geological fault. The works was built by the Buxton Corporation Water Works. A borehole was completed in 1951 and supplied water to the works.

Luckily the rain and sleet gave way for a bit to get some outside pieces shot.

Mr Budge

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Explored this a while back and I drive past it regularly.seem to see wagons down there a lot so presumed they were doing something with the place might have to revisit.
nice report :thumb

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Explored this a while back and I drive past it regularly.seem to see wagons down there a lot so presumed they were doing something with the place might have to revisit.
nice report :thumb
Thank you. It might be having some work done as this was a while back. But I think a part nearby is still active so could be that. But always worth a look.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Rather nice this. I like the street art. Coloquix is so distinct, Ive never seen one, but then Ive never explored that way. Still think we should have a grafftti section lol
I agree a graffiti section would be good. You will laugh but I do have an album on Coloquix has I photographed so many pieces. I even got some prints from him.

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I agree a graffiti section would be good. You will laugh but I do have an album on Coloquix has I photographed so many pieces. I even got some prints from him.
No laughing, I think thats cool. I love how you keep your albums of favourite bits. In fact im going to start doing that :thumb I was going to buy a piece from Fauna myself too :thumb

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I think Coloquix is pretty universally appreciated, I've travelled out to see some of the pieces
I agree. Everyone goes mad for Banksy when you have so many more talented artists out there. Coloquix being one, and will go places he has been. Phlegm being another fantastic talent.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
No laughing, I think thats cool. I love how you keep your albums of favourite bits. In fact im going to start doing that :thumb I was going to buy a piece from Fauna myself too :thumb
Thank you. I do try to do albums on stuff I like. Another I do is world war two defences like pillboxes, tank blocks etc. Is fauna the lady who does a lot of wildlife ones. I think this may be a fauna.

Who has read this thread (Total: 220) View details