real time web analytics
Report - - Bybrook Infant School, Ashford, Kent - July 2012 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bybrook Infant School, Ashford, Kent - July 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

sirjonnyp

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
On the back of a very busy 10 days away, it was nice to do a site literally a five minute walk from my house. One of my oldest/best mates went to school here, so him and his brother came along with me.

I couldn't find any history really, what I know is that the infant school opened along side the primary school next door in the 1970s. In the early 2000s proposals were launched to combine the two sites into one school. Around 2008/2009 The Phoenix Community School opened on the site of the former Primary School, accommodating ages 4-11. The Infant School has remained empty since.

Unfortunately the locals have not been nice to the buildings since the closure, but some parts of it were untouched compared to others. Might be pit-worthy, I won't be offended if the report gets moved.

DSC_0865.jpg

Access was relatively easy - take that anti-climb paint.

DSC_0814.jpg

DSC_0821.jpg

There were a few pieces of electrical equipment in the kitchen of interest.

DSC_0824-1.jpg

DSC_0836.jpg

DSC_0834.jpg

A couple of nice corridors to be seen as my mate admitted in one room that when he was 7 a girl played with his willy there :rolleyes:

DSC_0840.jpg

DSC_0849.jpg

DSC_0860.jpg

After this we made a move to climb the water tower, but due to a number of houses backing on to the site, it was pretty exposed up there, so we waited for it to get darker.

Of course, the second I got to the top of the ladder someone came out of their house and into the backgarden :D annoyingly my photos from the top didn't come out, but I got a few from inside the water tower as well.

DSC_0873.jpg

DSC_0875.jpg

Not the most amazing of sites really, but was worth going around with two guys who used to go there and were up for the adventure.

SJP

DSC_0869.jpg