real time web analytics
Report - - Caistor Hospital, Lincs - (01/03/08) | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Caistor Hospital, Lincs - (01/03/08)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

chase779

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History
Opened 1802 - 1990 - House of industry to a fully fledged Hospital

Well after me (Chase779) and TheGoose returned home after exploring RAF Binbrook we realised that we still had time to do another quick exploration, we looked through the 28DL forums and found that there was a derelict hospital within a 10minute drive to where we were: Caistor Hospital.

We set off once more, cameras in hand, and found the site with little to no trouble.
We were once very aware that this site had not been well looked after since its closure in 1990. A lot of the walls and roofs of the several buildings had collapsed and graffiti was absolutely everywhere.

We walked around the site a few times, and went in the buildings which seemed relatively interesting. The old church was an area of interest; we found a creepy old hospital chair with red blood like marks stained onto it just sat in the middle of an empty chapel. There was cut hair on the floor and very detailed graffiti inside. All seemed a little too ‘ Stephen King ‘ for my liking.

After about 25-30minutes of looking round, and photographing what we liked we left.
The area is so destroyed not much left to look at in the ways of furniture, old memorabilia etc.

Still a good find, with no security.

p.s Might add a couple more photos in a bit if I have time.

edit14copy.jpg

edit13copy.jpg

edit18copy.jpg

edit17copy.jpg

edit16copy.jpg

Last edited:

Roscho

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi,
Just wondering if you have any more images from your visit that you would be prepared to share. This old hospital site is now a housing development and apart from the chapel and the cemetery nothing is left standing so would appreciate any photographs for historical record.
Regards