real time web analytics
Report - - Cambridge Military Hospital - Aldershot - December 2012 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cambridge Military Hospital - Aldershot - December 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
Here we go again ;o) I thought I'd post mine anyway cos everyone is gagging for some more shots of this place ;o)
Explored with the lovely BauhausGirl and my old non-member mate. BHG showed us how to do it the proper way. We could hardly keep up as she vaulted the 3 fences.
Maternity bit was quite nice. Main hospital a bit too good condition for me. Def work going on now as well - we heard the noise and saw one of the builders. Mortuary tightly closed up.
Couldn't face the long way out and so decided to walk out past the security hut. He wasn't too pleased, but I did actually feel a bit sorry for him. He asked how we got in and I explained that we had simply walked past the hut earlier and that he had been reading his newspaper. He was very polite though.
Some history here (Wiki):
The Cambridge Military Hospital, built by Messrs Martin Wells and Co. It was named after Prince George, Duke of Cambridge and opened on 18 July 1879.[1] In the First World War, the Cambridge Hospital was the first base hospital to receive casualties directly from the Western Front.After the Second World War, with the decline in importance of Britain's military commitments, civilians were admitted to the hospital. It pioneered the supply of portable operating theatres and supplies for frontline duties. The hospital also contained the Army Chest Unit.[6] It was closed on 2 February 1996 due to the high cost of running the old building as well as the discovery of asbestos in the walls.

1-4.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

5-2.jpg

6-2.jpg

7-2.jpg

8-2.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg