real time web analytics
Report - - Camelot Daytime Revisit, Chorley - January 2015 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Camelot Daytime Revisit, Chorley - January 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Reich

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome back to camelot!

History
"Whilst we have become used to inclement summer weather in the UK during the past few years, a combination of the wettest summer for 100 years, the Queen's Jubilee celebrations followed by the spectacular television coverage of the Olympic Games during our busiest months of the summer and the school holidays had a major impact on visitors to Camelot.

"I would like to thank all the staff who have helped to make Camelot Theme Park one of the region's most entertaining visitor attractions and our many loyal visitors for their continued support over the past 29 wonderful years." Possibly the reason why they closed, apart from the deaths of one disabled kid and a maintenance worker! It closed in 2012.

Visit
Due to my first visit being at night time, unfortunately the pictures that I wanted to acquire weren't really possible! so with this I took a revisit just to show what it's like during the day. I know there are quite a few different reports on this site and I have two now but it does show different perspectives through each eye that goes there!On this visit I had 2 friends with me and met up with Coolboyslim Coolboyslim; pretty chilled out guy and knows his stuff, taught me a little bit and has shown me some decent places that I wouldn't mind going to see soon! One part about this visit that I was happy with was getting the to top of Knightmare while some chavs kept someone busy :)

The Ghost Ride
IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2315.jpg

IMG_2327.jpg

Looking down at the Javelin area
IMG_2337.jpg

Main Entrance
IMG_2335.jpg

The Castle
IMG_2334.jpg

View from the top of the Knightmare couldn't hold the camera still what so ever it was about -2c up there just about managed to push the button!
IMG_2332.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2329.jpg

Fortunately I have a camera and tripod now, only with an 8 second exposure but should get better quality from me now ;)

Last edited:

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
nice effort mate looks good this does,maybe add a space inbetween the other pics or its like your scrolling down one long pic

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Top of that damn roller coaster was bloody freezing and the wind was unreal but well worth it. And yes thanks to 20 or 30 youths making a scene and keeping some certain people occupied. We made it up. Was a great laugh and met up with some other explores as-well Hi to them if they around. Overall a mega bit of run and fun lol. Great post. Nah snake m8ty no torch found a smashed phone lol looks like someone dropped it legging it from security. If found will deffo get it back to you. Sorry you lost it m8ty.

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
Great report, there is still lots to see here. I've been twice and both times I've failed to get up the Knightmare due to secco. :banghead
But I suppose it is an excuse to visit again? Did you have a look around the embassy whilst you were there?

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details