real time web analytics
Report - - Camelot Theme Park. August 2015 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Camelot Theme Park. August 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Explorerr101

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The park opened in 1983 and was operating seasonally until late 2012. The park was based on the story of 'Camelot, King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table'. The local area was once covered by the largest lake in England marten mere, which was first drained in 1692 by Thomas Fleetwood of Bank hall in Bretherton. (The story is that Sir lancelots parents King Ban of Benwick and his queen Elaine escaped to Lancashire from their enemies in France . Elaine went to help King Ban who had fallen and put Lancelot down on the shore of the lake, by where he was abducted by nymph Vivian who vanished into the waters of the lake with him. Vivian brought up Lancelot and when he went to King Arthur's court he was knighted as 'Sir Lancelot of the Lake'.) Martin Mere has been locally known as the 'Lost Lake of Sir Lancelot' following the myth.
The closure of the park was announced by its operator, Knights Leisure, in November 2012, the managing director blaming poor summer weather and events such as London 2012 and the Queen's Jubilee for declining visitor numbers. Today, some roller coasters were sold (for example Whirlwind bought by the German "Skyline Park"), others rust in the abandoned park.

I heard this place was being taken down so I decided to have a quick look around. I heard of security being an issue so I arrived at 530am, headed to Knightmare first to try avoid secca and get some good aerial shots but of course, got busted. So we were there for hardly any time at all, not many good pictures either as it was too dark :( At least the security guard was nice :p But overall Camelot, bluntly is quite the shit tip. Not much to see anymore and just full of vandalisation.
DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_5175.jpg

DSC_5148.jpg

DSC_5157.jpg

DSC_5152.jpg

DSC_5155.jpg

DSC_5160.jpg

DSC_5163.jpg

DSC_5165.jpg

DSC_5168.jpg

DSC_5169.jpg

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Nice report m8ty. I won't slam the camalot. But to be honest wasn't much to see when open. Do like the new construction sign. Looks like it's finally going. But busted at camalot ouch you might get some friendly jibes for that one lol

exploringthedark

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Managed to get in with minimal effort today (22nd aug). A fair amount of sscurity guards but mainly at the castle, had to do some ducking and diving ninja shit but was a brilliant day. Shame this place has gone to shit.