real time web analytics
Report - - Camelot Theme Park - Chorley - Feb 2018 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Camelot Theme Park - Chorley - Feb 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Clarky1503

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
CAMELOT - Theme Park - Photographic Report - Feb 2018

This abandoned resort and theme park is located in the English county of Lancashire.
The park's theme was based on the well-known story of King Arthur and the Knights of the roundtable

After numerous takeovers, the theme park was purchased by Story Group and leased to Knight's Leisure who ran the park.
However, it's closure was announced by the operator, in November 2012.
In August 2014, an application to build houses on the site was unanimously rejected with 261 public objections.

As of Feb 2018, the park stands empty a former shadow of its glory day slowly but surely falling victim to mother nature.

A new housing development plan has been submitted, to many a protest from the local residents,
However, if it does go through the once magical kingdom of Camelot will be lost forever.

We gained entry into the former petting zoo and made our way to the middle of the park where we were caught by 4 security guards and a static full of dogs.

Anyway, I hope you can enjoy the pics as its all I was able to get.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

IMG_4900.JPG

IMG_4867.JPG

IMG_4868.JPG

IMG_4869.JPG

IMG_4871.JPG

IMG_4872.JPG

IMG_4873.JPG
IMG_4874.JPG

IMG_4875.JPG
IMG_4876.JPG

IMG_4877.JPG

IMG_4878.JPG

IMG_4879.JPG

IMG_4881.JPG

IMG_4883.JPG

IMG_4884.JPG

IMG_4885.JPG

IMG_4886.JPG

IMG_4887.JPG

IMG_4889.JPG

IMG_4890.JPG

IMG_4891.JPG

IMG_4892.JPG

IMG_4893.JPG

IMG_4894.JPG

IMG_4899.JPG

IMG_4900.JPG

IMG_4901.JPG

Red State Connection

Red State
28DL Full Member
haha no way its still there then! when i was at uni in the area i often went there for a wonder, a fun place for sure. might have to go back for a last visit when i can if its going to be pulled soon, nice trip down memory lane these were.

Last edited:

Clarky1503

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
haha no way its still there then! when i was at uni in the area i often went there for a wonder, a fun place for sure. might have to go back for a last visit when i can if its going to be pulled soon, nice trip down memory lane these were.
Thanks, dude I'm glad it inspired a visit!

Snake Oil

go in drains
28DL Full Member
Once upon a time in a land far away (I lie, it was Chorley), every other report was from Camelot and the place became a bit of a laughing stock full of tour bus goons posting almost identical photos. That time is long gone now, so it is kind of nice to see it again even if it is still a shithole.

Me an the missus got chased off the secca a few years back and we had to hide in the ball pit lol
Did you find my torch in the ball pit? It fell out of my pocket :(

Yvette

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Brill pics i still like seeing the pics as years go by they are always different with the decay and dereliction

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
Once upon a time in a land far away (I lie, it was Chorley), every other report was from Camelot and the place became a bit of a laughing stock full of tour bus goons posting almost identical photos. That time is long gone now, so it is kind of nice to see it again even if it is still a shithole.

Did you find my torch in the ball pit? It fell out of my pocket :(
Id like to maybe see other parts of the site a few unturned stones maybe you will find a worm under them!

Who has read this thread (Total: 221) View details