real time web analytics
Report - - Canal Basin & Swanswell Park Overflows, Coventry, December 2016 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Canal Basin & Swanswell Park Overflows, Coventry, December 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
I was originally gonna put this together with an earlier thread, but decided on 2 separate threads &
I wasn't 100% on either infall but believe them too be as the thread name says, both outfall in the Sherbourne.

side pipe & culvert
concrete pipe
1_zpskwcknoxf.jpg

2_zpsvjufvnkv.jpg

concrete & brick culvert
3_zpsyfbwvdmf.jpg

4_zpsawjjglib.jpg

Canal Basin Overflow
1280 mtes
I didn't continue pass here as it became extremely stoopy with a lot of haze
5_zpscfzfswhj.jpg

6_zpspeymw74w.jpg

7_zpsuzxkhqz6.jpg

8_zpsujpkvkns.jpg

10_zpsmfi94wsd.jpg

11_zps9zrdpeih.jpg

outfall
12_zpsfrfcvqt3.jpg

Swanswell Park overflow
1270 mtes (approx)
long pipe continues towards source
13_zpsrzhgrtv3.jpg

14_zpsvr40zzxs.jpg

15_zpsblmevnoe.jpg

16_zpsjz3smclf.jpg

17_zpsjwdaojca.jpg

18_zps93eah9m1.jpg

19_zpsx17ngnko.jpg

20_zpsk05kdad3.jpg

outflow
21_zpsajotx6zr.jpg

thanks

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very neat, this outfalls into the Sherbourne, or am I wrong? Recall reading about, and seeing a pic like yours, on something about the sherbourne culvert in Coventry?

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
yes, says so on the thread.

My mistake, I missed reading that. It was on a report online also. Good report!!

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
photographs 1 - 4 are of 2 random side pipes along the way,
the remaining are of 2 overflows all exiting in the sherbourne.

MoonDog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice Pics :thumb. Pic 6 shows footprints on the SURFACE of the water.....right? :confused: Clever photoshopping or do I need to go to specsavers?

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice Pics :thumb. Pic 6 shows footprints on the SURFACE of the water.....right? :confused: Clever photoshopping or do I need to go to specsavers?
Not specsavers Moondog it is just the print in the silt on the culvert floor about an inch or two under the water but looks like jesus wellie prints :)

MoonDog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the explanation Mr. K. That did occur to me but the water looked deeper than that and too murky to be transparent. Think I'll book an appointment just in case!

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I can see where you are coming from because If they were real foot prints from an underground explorer then one foot would be dragging behind the other cos all drainers and underground bods always drag one leg behind the other when underground..its the law :D
Lol...thats a joke BTW ..specsavers it is :)

MoonDog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I can see where you are coming from because If they were real foot prints from an underground explorer then one foot would be dragging behind the other cos all drainers and underground bods always drag one leg behind the other when underground..its the law :D
Lol...thats a joke BTW ..specsavers it is :)
Wish I'd read all of your reply at once, I spent 3 hours practicing the underground walk to comply with the law. I'd just perfected it only to read that you were joking :(..... That was a joke too BTW :D