real time web analytics
Report - - Cane Hill, 2008/9 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cane Hill, 2008/9

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Tawny Fawn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I won't bother with the history as we all know the CH story. For those of you who didn't make it to have a look around you missed a beauty! There was something strangely charming about CH and something very addictive about the explores possible within her many, many buildings. Sadly 100 years after her construction in 1882 it was decided to demolish her, between Squibb and the 2010 fire I imagine the site is now nothing but a memory and a few hundred rows of carbon copy houses.

The photo's from the first visit I did died, along with my old mac, but these are late noughties pics, might be of interest to some. Got a whole bunch of these so I've just picked some bits and bobs, hope you enjoy! Feedback, as always, greatly appreciated :thumb

double door.JPG

Keller Ward (after writer Helen Keller) Female Ward - Ground Floor

keller ward.JPG

The Water Tower

water tower.JPG

A lot of the damage was so bad by 2009 that the rooms had started flooding

SNV30025.JPG

It wasn't even worth venturing up to some of the top floors!

Look Up 1.jpg

Wallpaper Edit.jpg

Nature's Door.jpg

.1.jpg

Very ap...peeling​

.2.jpg

Bit grainy this one :(

.3.jpg

I love a bit of rust me​

.4.jpg

Spring awakening​
.5.jpg

That's all folks!​

Tawny Fawn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
May be true Speed, 6 years is a long time in the world of urbex. She'll always have a place in my heart though!

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Actually i think nowadays there's not that many people left who would remember cane hill. Time moves fast

It probably still lives in the memory of most who did it pre 2009 demo mess.

Some nice shots there, looks like some of the male side which some wards were actually closed in the 1960's so sat for best part of 40 years derp.

ASOM

One-Man Urbex Art Army
28DL Full Member
Unlikely to ever get bored with new (old) Cane Hill pics.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
A while back i re-edited all mine but never got round to posting them.. When i get a few mins il stick some up

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Be good to see more. I've still got all of mine that aren't on here.

On a plus note, we've set a date of 1st Oct for County Asylums to go live. So close :)

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
Brings back memories. I lost all my photos from here, taken in the days before I organised my pics properly. :-(

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
I've got my hideous n00b ones, lost the rest as well. Some good stories though and that's what counts.

Damn right.. even though Cane Hill was one of the most iconic.. i still remember more about the antics that we got up to. 6am on Portnalls.. dodging the security change over.. watching from inside of the fence. Spending about 10 hours in the place and being absolutely fucked with no energy whatsoever.

Going to have to upload some pics at lunch now..

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
Brings back memories. I lost all my photos from here, taken in the days before I organised my pics properly. :-(

What's really strange is all the guys I explored cane hill with I no longer see and they're no longer exploring as far as I know.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
What's really strange is all the guys I explored cane hill with I no longer see and they're no longer exploring as far as I know.

Don't think that's too uncommon.. people come and go. I explored CH the first time with Jonboy, Winch, Fluffy and Dystopia. Only the later are still around these days.