real time web analytics
Report - - Cane Hill Asylum, Coulsdon - Dec 2007 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cane Hill Asylum, Coulsdon - Dec 2007

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Willis

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sorry about the wait, Its taken a while. I don't really know how to go about explaining this place, so I'll try my best and I hope you enjoy :thumb

Visited with Bubblehead and Rigsby.

Firsts thing first, we show up late, in the dark, freezing rain and its blowing a hoolie. Great.
Its about 8.30pm and we walk up outside for our first reccie, after about 30 minutes we realise even after all the stories we have under-estimated this place. So after many a reccie, roughly 3 hours standing in the rain and wind, and a grand total of 10 hours waiting were in. After a few comical toilet and dancing moments of course...
Once in, we settle down and try to get some sleep, for me atleast it wasn't going to happen. To long had I desired to see a stone slab, a chapel and a ward with all the trimmings still in situ! Whilst Rigsby sleeps and Bubblehead's sits munching on his not so nice self-heating meal, I wack out the map(s). Position confirmed, tourists spot's noted and I am raring to go, so we wake up Rigs and were off into Kings Keats.

IMG_5599.jpg

From the first step I take out of our hiding place, it strikes me. The atmosphere that so many try to describe just engulfs me. I'll try my best to show some pictures that represent that.

IMG_5615.jpg

IMG_5613.jpg

IMG_5618.jpg

Moving our way further into the building we have a few scares and laughs along the way, adrenalin pumping the whole way.

IMG_5621.jpg

One particular comical moment, I get a text from a mate in Oxford reading "Say safe blad, You still going to this Lunatic Asylum? Mans bare on crack. Safe safe"

The nurse's residence, what a site...

IMG_5648.jpg

The history has been done over and over so Ill leave that out, but all I can say is if you get the opportunity, go. Ive tryed to keep the pictures none samey but hay some of them have to be. From here on in, they do the talking as I've rabbled enough.

The classic bike:

IMG_5656.jpg

IMG_5662.jpg

My first slab :)

IMG_5679.jpg

Laundry:

IMG_5690.jpg

IMG_5700.jpg

IMG_5702.jpg

IMG_5706.jpg

Piano's just left are mental in themselves!

IMG_5666.jpg

IMG_5668.jpg

Browning and Blake:

IMG_5730.jpg

IMG_5727-1.jpg

IMG_5721.jpg

IMG_5724.jpg

Just one extra note, theres a "super" map of Cane Hill on the way, expect to see it posted soon.

"Say safe blad"

Willis.

Last edited: