real time web analytics
Question - - Cane Hill Hospital Croydon | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Cane Hill Hospital Croydon

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

SpoilersPond

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I am thinking of going to Cane Hill Hospital very soon, has anyone been there lately than can confirm it is still standing and worth a look?
I have done some research and know there were 2 main buildings and that one was demolished in 2013 but is the other still there?
Ive even Google Earthed it but that is a bit out of date so still unsure.
I don't fancy an hours drive to find it has be demolished lol
Can any one help help me?

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
It was demolished in 2008 mate. It's currently a building site. The chapel is still there but that's about it!

SpoilersPond

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have looked on Google Earth from 11 months ago and one main building is still standing.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Admin was still there but was burnt down a few years ago and is now nothing but a shell. The tower was left over too but not easily accessible. There was also a secure unit that closed after the main hospital but again you're too late, it's all being redeveloped now.

I'd concentrate on finding new places rather than worrying about those from years ago.

Carry

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Unless you like digging in piles of soil for tat!

Talking of that, I have been looking at the site on earth, there seems to possible be some kind of filling in of 4 holes in the google earth photo, to the eft & arrowed.
I just wondered if anyone knows anything about the spots I have arrowed in shot at the link below, I notice in that shot that the tractor or something drove around the top 2 marks as opposed to driving straight through or over them, anyone any idea if there were air shafts to some undergroud structures of any kind?
thanks
photo link

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Unless you like digging in piles of soil for tat!

Talking of that, I have been looking at the site on earth, there seems to possible be some kind of filling in of 4 holes in the google earth photo, to the eft & arrowed.
I just wondered if anyone knows anything about the spots I have arrowed in shot at the link below, I notice in that shot that the tractor or something drove around the top 2 marks as opposed to driving straight through or over them, anyone any idea if there were air shafts to some undergroud structures of any kind?
thanks
photo link

Nothing of note. But you do realise this: http://www.subterraneanhistory.co.uk/2008/10/coulsdon-deep-shelter-surrey.html is litterally at the bottom of the hill by admin?