real time web analytics
Report - - Cannon Road Section Ramsgate Tunnels - Feb 2014 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cannon Road Section Ramsgate Tunnels - Feb 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Visited this place about three times back in 2010,Never have been happy with these pics but in my defence i was very very drunk most the time so they are what they are..

Fast forward 3 and a half years and i was back down here.Saw a report go up on this last year and after a while we went to pop the lid and have another look round,the lid refused to lift more than a few inches so after a couple of attempts and feeling a bit puzzled we left it .
Recently pics have been appearing on Failbook so we assumed the alternative access point had been used!
On getting in my first port of call was the far end to see why that cover wouldn't lift,Seems some BELLEND had tied rope under the cover and onto the ladder inside which would account for it not lifting,Ropes still on the floor and in one of my pics..

Brief info..

The cannon rd section lays in between the westcliff and the main section (train tunnel)..access into the main section is stopped by about a 25m long stretch of roof fall and at the westcliff end by a sewer pipe cutting it off and running into the westcliff section and up what would have been the ellington section now after a 30 odd foot crawl totally consuming the tunnel itself...

visited with Spaceinvader,Obscurity,STeALtH and his missus..

pics in no real order

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg
DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

Note the rope on floor which had been tied under the cover

DSC_0002.jpg
DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg
DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

one of a chalk shaft..

DSC_0083.jpg
DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

Sorry about the fisheye overkill the wangle is bust and in shop

DSC_0096.jpg

Last edited:

Doozer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
These are wicked pics mate, we tried to get into these a few weeks ago, we located the lid and popped it up only to find there's a padlocked gate directly under the lid! I was gutted, I also popped a lid in Ellington road to find it was a shaft which we had no chance of getting down, any advice on how to get in there? You've seemed to have cracked all the tunnels I've been researching for weeks lol

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
These are wicked pics mate, we tried to get into these a few weeks ago, we located the lid and popped it up only to find there's a padlocked gate directly under the lid! I was gutted, I also popped a lid in Ellington road to find it was a shaft which we had no chance of getting down, any advice on how to get in there? You've seemed to have cracked all the tunnels I've been researching for weeks lol

All i can say about cannon road is that even when those locks arnt on it theres a good chance the old lady across the road will be on the fone before you got your tripod out..

jake C

28DL Member
28DL Member
Is there any way in I've always wanted to get in but the entrances my brother knows have been blocked :(.

Paradox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cracking shots there Wevsky, I like them a lot and enjoyed reading the report too :D