real time web analytics
Question - - Canon wide angle lens? | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Canon wide angle lens?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Benyy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What do people recommend for a wide angle lens? for a 7D I was looking at the canon 17-24mm, but should i go for something like a 10mm? Any help would be much appricated?

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What do people recommend for a wide angle lens? for a 7D I was looking at the canon 17-24mm, but should i go for something like a 10mm? Any help would be much appricated?

God not another "Which lens should i get"? Post ;)

Depends how wide you want too go and if can manage with a short zoom range and whether you need a "Fast" lens etc etc if you"re used to a "kit" lens anything will normally be an improvement .

Only you can decide on the Focal range as it"s you that"s gonna be using it & of course the amount of funds available for such purchases. Although the beauty of CaNikon lenses is there"s 100"s on Ebay weekly that"s reasonably cheap.

Personally i"d suggest going UWA for this :turd & 17mm is not wide on a crop sensor Camera. Some people swear by the Sigma 10-20mm .....others just swear at them and then buy the Tokina 11-16mm F2.8.........that they should have got in the first place :D

captainweird

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've been carting around a Canon 10-22 for a number of years and it's never broken, exploded nor opened a portal into a parallel dimension. Oh, and it takes quite good pictures, too.

Phil

drhowser

Bespectacled & irrelevant
Regular User
Tokina again, plus of you jump to full frame, it's pretty capable for that too, so you don't have to buy new glass straight away.

Benyy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for all the help guys, looks like i'll go for a Tokina this time! :) :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details