real time web analytics
Report - - Car Brook, Sheffield - January 2012 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Car Brook, Sheffield - January 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Kaplan

Procrastinator
28DL Full Member
I don't think this has been covered before, please correct me if anyone knows otherwise!

We'll start from the furtherst point downstream I got and work back up (until cba set in), shall we?

This screen marks the downstream end of our tour:

DSC_4175.jpg

It twists and turns behind houses, dipping under a couple of tunnely bridgey things...

DSC_4179.jpg

DSC_4182.jpg

DSC_4202.jpg

...before heading through a railway embankment:

DSC_4223.jpg

Once out the other side, you're faced with a 3 and a half foot stoop:

DSC_4235.jpg

Fortunately it doesn't last long (quickly becomes 4 foot...), and turns a sharp corner:

DSC_4240.jpg

I could hear rushing water up ahead, so prepared myself for epicness. Turns out it was shit. Literally.
The brickwork gives way to concrete and a slight increase in headroom.

DSC_4249.jpg

It then appears to split, the sound of the water coming very loudly from the right hand tunnel (sorry, 18mm was just not wide enough to get it all in shot!!).

DSC_4256.jpg

The right hand path lead to this:

DSC_4259.jpg

I'm sure all you serious Drain0rz will be able to tell me what this is, I have no idea. There were winch controls and all kinds of stuff that threatened to 'start without warning'.
However, there were no prizes for guessing what this was:

DSC_4258.jpg

Heading back to the junction and continuing upstream, an opportunity to twat about with my Xmas lights was taken:

DSC_4279.jpg

And back out to fresh air:

DSC_4264.jpg

There may be more to explore both upstream of this point and downstream of the screen but that will be for another day :thumb

Few more on my Photobuttkiss, if you care to look.