real time web analytics
Question - - Car camping for urbex | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Car camping for urbex

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
To be safe this year and still get in some urbex we have started car camping. Anyone else tried it? We have loved it. There is a beach in North Wales you can park on, prob the best day of the year for us. Anyone else tried or thinking about trying? And its so convenient for urbex as you can often park at explores.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I don't know if it counts as car camping but I've slept in cars whilst on multi day explore trips before, spent five days sleeping in a VW Lupo on my first trip to Belgium. Also have very distinct memories of being in a sleeping bag in the back of a Subaru Legacy in the dead of night somewhere in the middle of nowhere whilst on the way to Pittsburgh a few years ago. That was a fun trip.

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah I guess just sleeping in the car qualifies. It seems a bit of an art with many youtube channels giving tips. And so many people live in their cars as well. So a short trip is really easy in comparisons.

Seffy

Staff member
I’ve slept in the car many a time, especially this year for obvious reasons. It’s great! Wouldn’t wanna do it for too many nights on the trot though, but it certainly does the job. It’s one of the reasons I’ve always gone for estate cars.

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
You should all get yourselves camper vans. It's the future. Camp around north wales in mine all the time. If my son was a bit older i'd be exploring from one end of the country to the other in the van but he's only 10 so can't really take him exploring yet.

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You should all get yourselves camper vans. It's the future. Camp around north wales in mine all the time. If my son was a bit older i'd be exploring from one end of the country to the other in the van but he's only 10 so can't really take him exploring yet.

Yes we normally hire a VW camper, love em. This year we did manage to hire one for 2 weeks but other than that money has been tight due to covid. Would love to own one but I'd be on the road too much.

cunningcorgi

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Done it a few times to varying degrees of comfort, i.e. the comfort depended on the model of the car !

But like @MK83 suggests, got a camper van which is a lot easier on the body and can now go a lot further without having to worry about getting back / finding somewhere to stay.

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is Black Rock Sands North Wales where we parked on the beach for the night. Highly recommended.