Web
Analytics
Report - - Car Factory, Dover. March, 2020 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Car Factory, Dover. March, 2020

Urban Ginger Hog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A location I have walked round many times, and watched it fall ever more so to ruin. I wanted to return as all my old photos of this place had been lost when my files were wiped!! Totally forgot to bring my tripod so shots aren't great but give an idea of what this old factory would have looked like back in the day. I struggled to find any history other than it was originally a Fiat distribution and stores depot. Surprisingly the owners have left it for many years to simply rot.

Hope the photo's make up for the limited report.

20200311_195824-01.jpeg
DSC_0044-01.jpeg
DSC_0049-01.jpeg
DSC_0065-01.jpeg
DSC_0041-01.jpeg
DSC_0023-01.jpeg
DSC_0073-01.jpeg
DSC_0090-01.jpeg
DSC_0084-01.jpeg
DSC_0077-02.jpeg
DSC_0026-02.jpeg
DSC_0004-02.jpeg
DSC_0013-02.jpeg
DSC_0001-03.jpeg
DSC_0003-03.jpeg

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Looks huge. Nice shots there. Bet its sold off and developed into houses. Shame you lost your old photos.I did the same, 15yrs worth. I now put all my explores on an external hard drive.

Urban Ginger Hog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks huge. Nice shots there. Bet its sold off and developed into houses. Shame you lost your old photos.I did the same, 15yrs worth. I now put all my explores on an external hard drive.
I use a Nikon D3200 and have got into the habit of putting all my shots onto my phone as opposed to a laptop, etc. Great as and when you want to refer or look back through them but a sod when you break break your phone and anything saved to the phone is lost! Last I heard the owner couldn't get planning permission so god knows what they will do with it now.

Motouker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Paid a visit to this place today, what an amazing space, first thing they came to mind was ideal for skateboarding, bmx, go kart track indoor market...etc did you manage a pic of skeleton man.

Urban Ginger Hog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Paid a visit to this place today, what an amazing space, first thing they came to mind was ideal for skateboarding, bmx, go kart track indoor market...etc did you manage a pic of skeleton man.
I always think the same thing, such a waste of what could make a great youth club. Which skeleton man, there's so much graffiti there?

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I use a Nikon D3200 and have got into the habit of putting all my shots onto my phone as opposed to a laptop, etc. Great as and when you want to refer or look back through them but a sod when you break break your phone and anything saved to the phone is lost! Last I heard the owner couldn't get planning permission so god knows what they will do with it now.
I use a 3400D Nikon so very similar. I use external passport drive, explores are really easy to find as every file is named. Holds loads. I used to one drive my shots, but got paranoid my laptop would crash lol. Yep right bummer if phone breaks.
If planning permission not granted it might be there some time.