Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Cardiff cable tunnel | Leads, Rumours and News... | Page 4 | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Lead or Rumour info - Cardiff cable tunnel

Seffy

Bally up!
Regular User
This whole thing has bothered me. So I've started looking into it, seeing as I live very close to one of the supposed entrances.

Anyway, came across this whilst digging.

http://www.digitalarchives.bt.com/CalmView/Overview.aspx?src=CalmView.Catalog

Add Tunnel Scheme as the search term, jump to the final results page... and... it'd be nice to take a look at those documents...
That’d be rather nice to see those! I missed this thread back when it was posted so thanks for bumping it into the present. Have had conversations about this before but that’s as far as it’s gone... bring on the scrapping of the bridge toll :cool:

Samalefic

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think it's worth investigating. I mean, the other major bt tunnel schemes have been explored now. This one not so much.

When i have five minutes I may go for a mooch around the embankment location. Google maps doesn't really show anything, but there are a few places hidden under other things that need a look. A homeless guy also regularly sleeps there, could be worth asking him, if he's about.

The other obvious point of interest is the big sleep location. I have an idea about how to get onto the canal without being obvious about it. Then again, this might be entirely bogus and in the wrong place. Nailing down the exact route of the tunnels would be handy. Hard to hide ventilation if you know where to look.

cunningcorgi

28DL Regular User
Regular User

cunningcorgi

28DL Regular User
Regular User

Samalefic

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Had a butchers at the lids yesterday, finally. The keyholes seem mossed over, not sure how long that takes to happen. Also seems to be some kind of metal plate (maybe covering a lock?) On them. Just a small stainless panel on the edge with six boltheads in it. I know nothing of manhole covers mind you...