real time web analytics
Report - - Whitchurch Hospital, Cardiff - January 2019 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Whitchurch Hospital, Cardiff - January 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ruthie

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited with @Humpa, @tumbles and @Lenston

I have a previous report on here from August 2017, during that visit we had really been limited in what we saw due to the place being fairly tight, so I'd wanted to come back ever since really.
We made a brief flying visit last year on the way back from Cefn Coed but we just had a bit of a mooch around the outside for half an hour or so.

Things are vastly different now, back in 2017 the place still looked pretty fresh with very little decay. Now it's almost the other extreme; it's hard to find a window that hasn't been put through and the same goes for most of the doors, it's also practically empty. That being said, it's still very much worth doing. Places like this are going to be few and far between in the future.

As has been said by many, it seems almost an inevitability that there will be some sort of catastrophic fire at some point that will probably destroy the hall. The outline proposals look good, I just hope they get cracking with it before the place get's too knackered.

It was nice to finally get up the tower and enjoy the view. The best bits were probably those that had long been closed like the Pathology Department and West 5 (despite most of it being a wreck). The Engineering Workshops were cool too, we spent quite a while mooching around there and having a good rummage. It was a shame that the stores were now empty, all of the racking was nice to look at though.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Wow! Great pics

Cariad1313

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What were security like? I visited here in December but the security was tight. Although I did go in a car and didn’t try parking far away and attempt to sneak in.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Damn, I really need to start doing top side again. Even in its present state thats a good couple of days out. Great report mate!

mrbrowne93

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report! does anybody mind giving me a few pointers or let me know if theirs anything i should be aware of security wise as im planning on heading over their friday and dont fancy going on a 103mile drive with my mate for nothing =]

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
Nice report! does anybody mind giving me a few pointers or let me know if theirs anything i should be aware of security wise as im planning on heading over their friday and dont fancy going on a 103mile drive with my mate for nothing =]

Security on these places is ever changing you can't rely on anyone's information as a walk in yesterday could be swarming with security and police the next. I know for certain that people are still being caught here by the police as I saw a very recent post elsewhere. The only way to be sure is to go have a look. If its a fail then its all part of the game, just have some backup locations so it isn't a wasted trip.

only 100 miles away? I'm almost 400 miles away and have driven all the way their to fail before.....just go for it!!!

Also....stop posting the same question multiple times all over the forum and chat!! you will be lucky to get much help at all (if any) and can be sure the more you ask the less you will get as that isn't how the forums work. If you look at just how many people have posted the place this year alone then that surely shows it cannot be that hard to crack?

mrbrowne93

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Security on these places is ever changing you can't rely on anyone's information as a walk in yesterday could be swarming with security and police the next. I know for certain that people are still being caught here by the police as I saw a very recent post elsewhere. The only way to be sure is to go have a look. If its a fail then its all part of the game, just have some backup locations so it isn't a wasted trip.

only 100 miles away? I'm almost 400 miles away and have driven all the way their to fail before.....just go for it!!!

Also....stop posting the same question multiple times all over the forum and chat!! you will be lucky to get much help at all (if any) and can be sure the more you ask the less you will get as that isn't how the forums work. If you look at just how many people have posted the place this year alone then that surely shows it cannot be that hard to crack?
yeah very true, i spend hours looking into new places and researching and google mapping, just struggle to find recent information about certain places and if they're still standing or if they're protected and patrolled things like that is what i try to find out from people on these forums if i cant find out online i don't really come on to ask for exact locations or entry point as that defeats the whole idea of urbex, im new to all of it as well but finding some of these places so fascinating it's a shame about the places that's been ruined by morons tho

Girlguitarist96

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
One of the best reports I've seen on this site, nice job!
Looks amazing, really good condition and not too badly vandalised, pristine condition for an abandoned building to be fair.

Who has read this thread (Total: 375) View details