real time web analytics
Report - - Cardiff City Asylum - Whitchurch - July/Aug 2016 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cardiff City Asylum - Whitchurch - July/Aug 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
its a grand building, hopefully remains as such
you know if some parts are grade listed?

Nope. (its not a hine btw, just looks alot like it) The plans at the moment (subject to change) are to mostly demolish and build new houses on. Although it looks smart from afar up close it's another story and obvious its been run down over the last 20-30 years. I think you might see some of the obvoius bits retained - admin plus few front wards etc. The whitchurch society are keen to use the chapel in a simlar ilk to the one at Glenside.

They knocked down the supers house for no apparent reason a few years ago which was a shame and also the lovely gates at back. Don't think he's held in high regard by the community.

Last edited:

WelshDesolation

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Look forward to seeing more, great report! I've been salivating to get in there but haven't had the time yet.

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
You'll be waiting a while going by how long it takes me to get my arse in gear and post reports

I need to decide whether it's worth going or not so hurry up xxxx

Nope. (its not a hine btw, just looks alot like it) The plans at the moment (subject to change) are to mostly demolish and build new houses on.

Most of the hospital is grade II listed. Who says its getting torn down?