This hospital was built in 1904 as the County Lunatic Asylum to the designs of S.P. Pick, an accomplished and prolific Leicester architect working in a vaguely Art Nouveau manner. Though the buildings were very well built and in excellent condition, they were demolished in 1995 to make way for a car park for a new Alliance and Leicester Building Society headquarters.
Inside the pews, altar and font have been removed. The fabric of the building is lovely though, and there is some pictorial stained glass still in place.