real time web analytics
Carmel College - Oxfordshire - Feb 2019 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Carmel College - Oxfordshire - Feb 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Jimbobrob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This was the second location of an explore in the local area, including the nearby Springs Hotel - see my other thread for the photos of that.

Carmel College was a predominantly Jewish co-ed boarding school in England operating between 1948 and 1997. In 1990 and through to 1997 it topped the list of the 20 most expensive boarding schools in the country. It was closed in July 1997, mainly owing to diminishing pupil numbers and severe financial difficulties. [Wikipedia]

Access
The grounds of the school are fairly open and easily accessible. There are a number of 'Private Property' and 'No Trespassing' signs on the approach but there did not appear to be much in the way of cameras or roaming security. There were a number of cars/vans onsite - probably belonging to builders/groundkeepers.

The Visit
This was a fairly short visit in total. Most of the buildings were sealed tight and we didn't want to risk climbing through damaged windows due to the busy site.
LRM_EXPORT_87304138721820_20190217_164243499.jpeg

We first checked out the synagogue which has an interesting architectural design and some impressive decorative artwork on the windows.
LRM_EXPORT_86955383602839_20190217_163654744.jpeg

Alongside the synagogue is the amphitheatre-like seating area.
LRM_EXPORT_89930750314095_20190217_172630110.jpeg

The science laboratory was in a poor state and through the windows we could see the ceiling had collapsed through.
LRM_EXPORT_87038180359433_20190217_163817540.jpeg

The computer lab.
LRM_EXPORT_87129864302022_20190217_163949224.jpeg

The main house of the college is a very impressive building. Looking through the windows, it appears to be completely empty but had the look of an old private school - dark wood floors and panelled walls. The gardens at the rear of the house back onto the disused tennis courts.
LRM_EXPORT_87220237462226_20190217_164119598.jpeg

LRM_EXPORT_90097976178168_20190217_172917336.jpeg

Sadly our visit was cut short by the caretaker who lives next to the main house. We had read that he was quite aggressive to previous explorers but we pretended not to know what the place was and tried to ask him questions. He basically said, 'well it's private for a start, so GET OUT!'

All in all it's an impressive site but there is a lot of activity around it so climbing/entering is a bit harder. Would have loved to see inside from the pics I've seen. So if anyone has better luck, show me some more pics!

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
You were very brave going that far back behind the house, we did the same a couple of years back after being inside the manor house for a couple of hours and the old cranky aggressive bastard tried to run us over in his van after we walked off when he started shouting abuse.

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Ahahahaha no way! I was thinking about this place the other day with me being down south. Couldnt remember its name I just remember having a look a year or so ago when we were down south and the dickhead caretaker tried to run us over too. Hes a proper bell end and lucky he didnt get dragged out of his car the stupid old cunt.

Jimbobrob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You were very brave going that far back behind the house, we did the same a couple of years back after being inside the manor house for a couple of hours and the old cranky aggressive bastard tried to run us over in his van after we walked off when he started shouting abuse.
Perhaps not brave - more stupid haha! We just acted dumb about the place. He did shout but he wasn't violent we just left. No point pissing him off. Definitely want to try go back and get in.

Jimbobrob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ahahahaha no way! I was thinking about this place the other day with me being down south. Couldnt remember its name I just remember having a look a year or so ago when we were down south and the dickhead caretaker tried to run us over too. Hes a proper bell end and lucky he didnt get dragged out of his car the stupid old cunt.
I'm like most others I don't wanna cause damage just want to explore and admire the places!

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
I'm like most others I don't wanna cause damage just want to explore and admire the places!

Well yeah same here. But we werent being dicks with him. He came and gave us a mouthful we co operated and so we left. He’d done his job. As we walked off to leave he drove at us and gave us more shit. No need to be a total wanker about it with us.

Jimbobrob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well yeah same here. But we werent being dicks with him. He came and gave us a mouthful we co operated and so we left. He’d done his job. As we walked off to leave he drove at us and gave us more shit. No need to be a total wanker about it with us.
What a bastard. Looked like an angry einstein haha

True_British_Metal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I nearly got permission from him when I lived in England... he gave me his phone to call the owner of the site, who then was willing to offer me a date but unfortunately it was after I left the country for Taiwan. No big loss though, this place has been completely rinsed now.

kerryholt

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went to Carmel college last year and there was a filming crew there so managed to wander round, another time I got chased out by security dogs- that was pretty scarey!

drummergirl_90

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think the locals are allowed to walk their dogs there..... So there's not a lot they will do if you are just on the premises in general.... But the albert Einstein dude is deffo not happy when he catches you in the main building. As I discovered last year. His cameras work in there. My dumb ass didn't even notice them.

Who has read this thread (Total: 255) View details