real time web analytics
Carmel College, Oxfordshire, November 2018 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Carmel College, Oxfordshire, November 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Perry_92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So my return visit to the oxfordshire area started at Carmel College - Which I know has been done as recently as June on here but I wanted to write a report and share a few snaps as I had got some pictures inside the Synagogue which I thought were pretty cool!

THE EXPLORE
Access is as easy as it gets when it comes to actually getting on the site, the only difficult thing now is staying out of sight of the small army of handymen which all seemed to be working down the bottom towards the manor house. And...... staying out of sight of what i presume is some kind of crazed caretaker of sorts who confronted me as I made my exit - Christ knows where he came from but we will get to that, I ditched the car not far away and cautiously walked onto the sight and was quite surprised by the overall size of the grounds! The first building I had my sights on was the old Swimming pool & Sports hall... unfortunately it was sealed tight as a drum and was made even harder to find a way in by the huge caravan right next to it from which I could hear people talking and walking around inside. I gave up here and went for some of the smaller dorm & classroom buildings and did manage to have success there but really fancied seeing if I could get into the Synagogue! I must have gone around the building a few times with no luck before something so obvious clicked in my head and then I was in :) This was by far the best part of the explore, I got over to the manor house and that funny building topped with some kind of prism but couldn't find a way into either. I also got into the old blue computer building which looked cool from the outside but was wrecked inside and that concluded my trip! I was making my way out of the site thinking it had all gone very well considering until I could hear someone hurling abuse at me but couldn't see them for love nor money! I kept on moving.... then out of nowhere right before walking off site a little black car came out of nowhere, stopped right in front of me and an old fella got out shouting all sorts! part of me wanted to laugh, the other part of me was in total shock! Either way I did my best to walk past him and be on my way. I even apologised on my way past before leaving too :)

Hope you enjoy the pics :)

IMG_0089.JPG

IMG_0092.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_0115.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_0136.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0157.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

IMG_0185.JPG

IMG_0192.JPG

Perry_92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well done for having some success here, I know people who have had a really rough time there!
Thanks bud I appreciate it :) to be honest, I couldn’t believe how alive the site was, there was at least a dozen people to work my way around as well as what I guess was the caretaker of sorts! was a case of being very paitient and even quieter, but made for a really good explore :)

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Great to see the Synagogue again.

A shame the other manor houses in the general area are all sealed or not otherwise doable at the moment, there's a great little cluster of locations down there.

Perry_92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great to see the Synagogue again.

A shame the other manor houses in the general area are all sealed or not otherwise doable at the moment, there's a great little cluster of locations down there.
I was really taken by the synagogue and majorly chuffed I got in there! You are right about the other manor houses though!