Carr green council School. The school was built for 500 pupils in 1912, but has since been replaced by a modern building down Carr Green Lane. The building still has its original entrances for boys and girls after being converted to Carr green care home which ended up being closed in February 2015 this was the decision of the owners. After failing a number of health and safety inspections some of the failures included hot water in bedroom running above 60’c fire exits not been able to shut or open to a decent standard. Back in it’s hey day when the care home was running at full capacity it could have up to 25 people sleeping there it had a mixture of double and single rooms all set up on the ground floor so there was good access for anyone staying there it also had a large lounge and dinning room and also had a another building next door to it for special designed one to one care.