real time web analytics
Question - - Carthorse mine surrey | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Carthorse mine surrey

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Doozer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
hello all, today I found the entrance to carthorse mine in godstone and to me it seems like a death trap! I was wondering if anyone on here has been brave enough to attempt it? And if they have was it worth it? Cheers

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
From the pics I can find online that place looks safe as houses. Why not take a few pics of the entrance and post them, it'll be much easier to give you an objective opinion.

Doozer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
From the pics I can find online that place looks safe as houses. Why not take a few pics of the entrance and post them, it'll be much easier to give you an objective opinion.
agreed it's not the mine that looks dodgy it's the way in, just trying to work out how to post the photos of my phone

Doozer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Can't work out how to upload the photos off my phone, it's a shaft approx 18m deep but the only way into the shaft is through a small crawl in the side of the it as the top of the shaft is covered over, pm me your email address and il send em over that if you want?

R_yoda

Like a cat on a fence....
28DL Full Member
This is not cart horse entry mate. This is a well for the mushroom growers, would the shaft happen to be on the left hand side behind the storage building, into the side of the hill?

R_yoda

Like a cat on a fence....
28DL Full Member
Carthorse is well locked up. Would not advise that anybody "opens" it, the local caving society do alot of hard work and alot of money and time is spent on the upkeep of these mines. Contact wcms if you are interested in a visit im sure they would be more than happy to help.