real time web analytics
Report - - Castle Bytham ROC Post, Lincolnshire - June 2014 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Castle Bytham ROC Post, Lincolnshire - June 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Jbo400

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi there guys :)

Not a very big explore this time, but still interesting nonetheless!

A friend of mine had found this and so we both thought it would be worth a visit. Safe to say there is not much left of what would have been down there, the mattresses still remain but the beds themselves seem to have vanished. The place also looks as if it has suffered some fire damage which is a shame, and also because the hatch is jammed open it is a little bit damp as well.

This particular post was opened in September of 1961, and then later closed in October of 1968.

Hope you enjoy the pictures, although not very picture heavy... :cool

IMG_2915_zps971441f6.jpg

IMG_2916_zps7e64ddbe.jpg

IMG_2919_zpsdf3f062c.jpg

IMG_2920_zps19a5ae20.jpg

IMG_2924_zpsb1bf6945.jpg

IMG_2926_zps69b787f9.jpg

IMG_2928_zps56518fc6.jpg

IMG_2930_zpsf49a69ff.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Re: Castle Bytham ROC Post, Lincolnshire

Cheers for sharing, can you just update the title to include the month/year of your visit and the Group it belonged to (think it was Lincolnshire from memory - but a quick look at other peoples reports will confirm) cheers :thumb

Jbo400

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: Castle Bytham ROC Post, Lincolnshire

Cheers for sharing, can you just update the title to include the month/year of your visit and the Group it belonged to (think it was Lincolnshire from memory - but a quick look at other peoples reports will confirm) cheers :thumb

Thanks for pointing that out, will do :)

frizman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Lots of the stuff from there was taken to the restored post at nearby Buckminster. When I visited years ago it was a graveyard for unlucky rabbits

frizman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited last week, looks almost identical but had a dead pigeon down there
It's has moved on a little since the dead rabbits and a doggy looking frog then.

Alot of the equipment that was left when I visited went to the restored post at Buckminster