real time web analytics
Report - - Castleford Police Station - December 2014 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Castleford Police Station - December 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Squirrell 911

28DL Regular User
Regular User
After three years of lifting lids and swimming in shite I have decided to get back in buildings and have a go at exploring places where a grid key and waders aren't necessary but if your feeling that way out why not as who's looking? :D
Also this is an opportunity to get my new camera out as drains and a standard kit lens weren't up to the job especially when Ojay has a wide angle lens which is suited to the confines of poopy flows.

I saw the report the other day that Raztafarian did and thought its good for a quick mooch (especially as the parking round there is dreadful but the local Aldi will let you park for 1 1/4 hours.)

Details are a bit thin on the ground so I yoinked Raztafarians info that he found. :thumb

The former Castleford Police Station is on the corner of Jessop Street and Station Road, close to the town centre. The two-story building has a parking area and yard on a site of 0.42 acres. The interior consists of 10,500 sq ft of accommodation including a reception, offices, meeting rooms, kitchen, stores and an area previously used as a courtroom with stairs leading to cells.

The building was home to former magistrate Dr Adam Jessop before it was a police station and a year later was to be converted to a courthouse and police station.

I did get an external shot ;)

001-17.jpg

Interview room.

007-14.jpg

Through to the cells.

011-18.jpg

Cells looking back.

015-12.jpg

Up to the courthouse.

013-14.jpg

Nice tiles and these went through into the court room too.

026-12.jpg

Court room looking worse for wear.

020-11.jpg

But going up above the suspended ceiling there's still some old public gallery.

032-8.jpg

030-8.jpg

Not a bad wander round.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Re: Castleford Police Station. December - 2014

Thought the forum was broke for a minute, interesting looking derp and Aldi win parking :thumb

We'll have that new Nikon in the fresh soon enough :p:

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User

I am confused,it isnt a drain?

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User

That's ok that, the gallery is cracking!

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member

Good looking stroll, but a bit strange you posting something without turds and fanny plasters ;)

Raz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

looks alot better in daylight :D good report mate :thumb

Robbo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Amazing report, looking to do this myself.

Ferox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks a good mooch this one. Nice report :thumb Does anybody know the current status on this place?

Reactions: Raz

Raz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks a good mooch this one. Nice report :thumb Does anybody know the current status on this place?

Was being stripped out a couple months ago and plans to use it as some sort of rehab place for addicts

Ferox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ah, thanks for the info Raz :thumb Would have been surprised if it had still been the same by now.