real time web analytics
Report - - Cathedral Steps/Victoria Arches, A Final Farewell - Jan 2011. | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cathedral Steps/Victoria Arches, A Final Farewell - Jan 2011.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Cathedral Steps/Victoria Arches - A Final Farewell.

When I heard that the old Salford Victoria Bridge Bus Station come NCP carpark had been sealed off I knew it was last orders...

The Bus Station had been in use since the 1930's closing in 1970 and since used as a car park

Bus2.jpg
Bus1.jpg

....The fate of the Arches is immenent, as many will be transformed into bars, cafes & restaurants, the type of places that will rip you off for £4 a pint :rolleyes:

The remaining BT will be using for secure cable ducts and the rest accomodating the foundations for the glass footbridge.

Having spoken to someone I know who is close to this project over the last few days, I was informed that work is about to start any day.

An artists impression of the Irwell Plans

irwell_city_park.jpg

BOLLOCKS, I really wanted to have one last visit, but only having one leg/foot that is any use was always going present a problem getting back in.

Cue 'The_Collective', they always fancied one last trip themselves, so we all hastily met up in Manchester late one evening to plan this one out, this wasn't going to be straightforward.

The entire area is now a building site, with plant and a big mobile crane on-site, they have even started digging for the foundations.

It's now or never, and I was never truly sure that I would manage this in my crippled state, but I was determined as ever.

I'm not going to go into detail on the access, needless to say SkillZ from the boys and a swig of Red Bull did the trick ;)

I wanted a few more pics of the place, just for old times sake, yet pissing around on the old cripp stix meant we spent most of the night in there.

I have been into the Arches a few times now, and despite this I always manage to spot something I haven't seen before, on this occasion some other passageways and tunnels that have never featured in previous reports, not to say that others haven't seen them like.

Anyway I'm not posting pictures of them bits as it will reveal another possible access route.

If you haven't been in here, and it's on your list I would get it done ASAP as putting 2 & 2 together I don't think it's gonna be possible much longer.

A comedy night all round - We were followed home by the Police and when we got back to mine at 5:30am we were greeted with "OI WHAT YOU FUCKIN DOIN????????", "sorry boys i thought you where emptying my gaff" lmfao was hillarious.

Biggup to Stepping Lightly & Userscott for discovering this place and being good enough to show me around on previous visits

...Farewell

1.jpg

2_1.jpg
3_1.jpg

3a.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

It was handy that the door is now missing as it allowed us to get some decent shots of the Irwell

13_1.jpg

12_1.jpg

Mandem

Crew.jpg

Massive shouts to The_Collective for making this happen.

Last edited:

Gone

Regular User
Dear me I haven't spoke to The_Collective for over a year, Let me know if they are out in town soon man!

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Yeah were gonna be out in a few weeks doing stuff, there pretty busy at mo

O

Oldskool

nice one dude we were talking about this on Saturday ...good effort for getting back

O

Oldskool

o yes ...

i hold the arches close to heart it was here that got me into urbex and the year long troll i had getting access just wanna say thanks to stepping lightly for finishing of my quest and taking me in maybe one more visit maybe not i have a real busy next 3 weeks but just think when they open it up ill be down there quick sharp just to get some photos in natural light

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Went down for a look yesterday, they have dug the entire carpark up now...

Carpark.jpg

Horus

Butt Wipe
28DL Full Member
nice report ojay, iv been wanting to do this for awhile its just finding the time :(

emotive69

cloak of invisibility
28DL Full Member
excellent report and great photos , know where youre coming from with the one leg business too its proper annoying !