real time web analytics
Report - - Cauldon Low Quarry Stoke 12/2010 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cauldon Low Quarry Stoke 12/2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

O

Oldskool

Visited with Host …on another snow patrol…

History is scares on the net so heres what ive managed to find..

16142-0.jpg

The quarries at Cauldon Low and Froghall provided limestone for the agricultural and pottery industries.

At one time thousands of men were employed in the quarrying and transportation of this mineral, either by canal or rail.

The last "sand train" from BIS (British Industrial Sand) ran down the Churnet Valley in 1988. The line is still in place, but has been mothballed.

_DSC0318.jpg

_DSC0304.jpg

This place is a gem with a three story maintenance workshop with what looks like untouched spares and repairs from many years ago. Even walking round the rest of the site the dust piles measure from a couple of mm to a couple of inches, I only saw one other set of footprints (J4M35 I rekon) .

_DSC0191.jpg
_DSC0182.jpg

_DSC0176.jpg
_DSC0172.jpg

_DSC0184.jpg

_DSC0219.jpg

_DSC0213.jpg
_DSC0206.jpg

_DSC0203.jpg
_DSC0200.jpg

_DSC0277.jpg

What was a free and easy explore turned into a bad day at Bosnia for host after falling three times he finished of his accident prone day by swinging his camera round his shoulder and straight into his own face…ooopppsss,
And not five minuets later he was stuck between a snow drift and a metal fence , all I could hear was f@@k cun**ng hate this fu%”ing weather.

_DSC0248.jpg
_DSC0242.jpg

_DSC0258.jpg

_DSC0272.jpg
_DSC0236.jpg

_DSC0286.jpg

_DSC0280.jpg

_DSC0313.jpg
_DSC0290.jpg

O yea this site is under demo(which seems to have stopped due to the bad weather) so get in quick. Just to add this is part of a live site so keep ya eyes peeled….

_DSC0334.jpg

Thanks for looking Oldskool...........

Last edited by a moderator:

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details