real time web analytics
Report - - CE Barrow Tailoring Lancaster 11-2012 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - CE Barrow Tailoring Lancaster 11-2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
CE Barrow Tailoring Lancaster 140 years of history...When it come to exploring like most i love the excitement of not knowing the unknown, but some times it's just nice to find a place that you can just relax and have a mooch about without looking over your shoulder every two minutes. CE Barrow is one of those places and came to my attention when i saw on the local news that a tailoring business was shutting down after 140 years in business, now to most this may seem boring but to me my ears pricked up especially when i saw what was inside, ledgers a 140 years old. documents, pattern books dated 1900 and so much more. with this in mind i called the shop the very next day and spoke to the owners wife who seemed happy to have the shop documented if not a little curious, so over a few visits i tried to shoot as much as i could of this fantastic and amazing time capsule what you see is a slice of what was there and i hope this gives some idea on what the shop was like.

CE Barrow a 140 year old business was originally on Church St and moved to New St in 1923, this building was built in 1870 and was originally a wine shop and the dumb waiter is (was) still in use. CE Barrow made hand made suits for MP's and lords but more than that made suits for Lord Ashton the Lino king who's family business invented Lino and putting Lancaster firmly on the map and was one of the wealthiest men in Britain this aside the shop was amazing with shelfs and draws full of patterns glass buttons old diaries dated 1930 which made an amazing read, despite spending a lot of time here i know i missed a lot my only regret was not getting back more but time was against me and on my last visit you can see the windows whited out, peering inside i could see the shop was striped bare and lifeless, the building is now being turned into student accommodation...Enjoy

CEA.jpg

CEB.jpg

CEC.jpg

CED.jpg

CEE.jpg

CEF.jpg
CEG.jpg

CEH.jpg

CEI.jpg
CEII.jpg

CEJ.jpg

CEK.jpg