real time web analytics
Report - - Cellars clough mill, marsden. October 2013. | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cellars clough mill, marsden. October 2013.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Telf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited with Will Knot, it was a last minute thing! We both had a spare afternoon and were in the same area, so we decided to meet..

Thanks Will for a good relaxed explore :thumb

Some history:

The Cellars Clough woollen mill was owned by Samuel Firth of Gatehead in Marsden, and opened in 1888. He also owned Holme Mill. By the 1960s, it was owned and run by Fisher, Firth & Co. which became Cellars Clough Woollen Mills Ltd, managed by another Firth son, in 1981. The company has now been dissolved.

Situated just off the Huddersfield Narrow Canal, the mill’s pond is now a very popular fishing spot.

Cellars Clough Millls had been left derelict for a number of years now until a property developer purchased the Mills in view of converting the property into apartments. A scheme for 114 apartments was created, submitted and now accepted which included on site shopping and gym facilities.

There was also a culvert under the mill that looked really cool, but without wellies I didn't fancy an hours drive back home with wet feet.

I'm sorry about the amount of pic's on this report, I liked all of them so much I had to share..

Quite a building.
DSC_0110_zps32e062c0.gif

Reception/office
View attachment 564711

They didn't need these fuse's these day's.
View attachment 564712

lot's of nice graff to see.
View attachment 564713

View attachment 564714

But clearly not everyone likes ze graff.
View attachment 564715

View attachment 564716

View attachment 564717

View attachment 564718

View attachment 564719

The internal courtyard.
View attachment 564720

Lovely steel work with a nice curve.
View attachment 564721

I dared to climb a 9ft ladder plastered in anti vandal paint to get up to the lift motor head room.
View attachment 564722

A view down the lift shaft, A traction lift with four steel wire ropes.
View attachment 564723

The old switch gear for the lift it's seen better day's if I'm honest.
View attachment 564724

I know the saying goes "leave only foot prints" however I'd got my gloves caked in anti vandal paint so I left them there for the next explorer to use.
View attachment 564725

And finally a bit of light painting in a darker part of the mill.
View attachment 564726

Thanks for looking Telf..

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details