real time web analytics
Report - - CEMEX Cement Works - Halling - June 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - CEMEX Cement Works - Halling - June 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Update
60% of the CEMEX Cement Works in Halling was demolished and housing build in its place but 40% of the structures are still standing, I pass it often and thought it would be worth a shot to take a poke round, access was fairly straight forward. Gutted I didn't visit in 2009-2010 before the other structures were demolished.

History
The CEMEX plant at Halling was the last of the cement works on the Medway to close. While the main production plant closed in 2000, a small team continued to grind clinker (cement in lump form) brought in by road from elsewhere. The clinker grinding operation ended when CEMEX UK opened a new 1.2 million tonnes per annum grinding and blending facility on the Thames at Tilbury.

Excuse a couple of the slightly jittery shots, I only forgot to pack my shutter remote (top school boy error)

1. View from under the railway bridge
1%20copy_zpsqx4pid3l.jpg

2%20copy_zpskz8ilaxz.jpg

3%20copy_zpsx41kqb78.jpg

10%20copy_zpsaswar9uw.jpg

5%20copy_zps0opqdnpq.jpg

4%20copy_zpsec02lvhb.jpg

7%20copy_zpsiqkiwo3c.jpg

9%20copy_zpsl4sy8pur.jpg

11%20copy_zpslpkndgzt.jpg

10. Inside the top of the towers
8%20copy_zpsvqovau5w.jpg

11. (Managed to find a way to the top of the towers)
6%20copy_zps2ujvhrzq.jpg

12. Couldn't resist getting a snap of me at the top dangling my legs over the edge for the 'People Shot' section :D
Me%20Tower_zps8lmkhznm.jpg

Would recommend this place as there is still a lot to see. Hope I haven't bored you derpers too much! :coat

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
Nice work. All too often we'll be told somewhere has been demolished only to find half of it still standing so cheers for sharing!

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice work. All too often we'll be told somewhere has been demolished only to find half of it still standing so cheers for sharing!

Cheers fella, yeah I always keep my eyes open and my ears peeled about all the places around me, good to be in the know about the situation of them :thumb

The Franconian

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
nice little report, thanks
how was walking in there ?
saw an abandoned cement works beside street once, made three steps in, slipped and nearly fell into the mud
the whole buildings had fine white mud on the ground, nothing good for street boots

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi, great shot, live about 5 mile down the road! heard theres a lot of secca there! any confirmation in that?

Easy in/out, 1x 360 camera, never seen any but went back a couple more times to find doors had been secured again so maybe someone doing the rounds I can't confirm 100%

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
nice little report, thanks
how was walking in there ?
saw an abandoned cement works beside street once, made three steps in, slipped and nearly fell into the mud
the whole buildings had fine white mud on the ground, nothing good for street boots

Thanks mate,

Was a breeze, been a few times. On one section there is sludge slippery rubbish on the floor in a pile, did slide on that :banghead in steel toe caps as well.

Nice little explore overall :thumb