real time web analytics
Report - - Cemex concrete factory, Gateshead - August 2012 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cemex concrete factory, Gateshead - August 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

leasville

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey all!

Have driven past this site almost every day on the way to work and have wanted to explore for ages, but it always seemed pretty well fenced off. I did go past one day and the gate was open but the next time I went back it was locked up again :( Always look for a break in the fence going past but no luck.

A friend and I went on an explore day this week and decided to have a proper look around on foot rather than just driving past, and whaddya know, when we turned up one of the gates was open with a big white van sat outside! At first we thought 'game over' but then I thought I'd try my luck and ask if we could have a look around, and the guy said yeah! He came around with us because of the machinery etc but let us take photos and told us all about what was going on with the site. It had been completely ransacked by copper thieves who had actually taken all the wires when they'd been live! God knows how they did it without injury. The whole place is going to be flattened in a few weeks to make way for a new factory.

Some pics:

IMG_2346small.jpg

IMG_2347small.jpg

IMG_2348small.jpg

IMG_2349small.jpg

IMG_2350small.jpg

IMG_2351small.jpg

IMG_2352small.jpg

IMG_2353small.jpg

IMG_2354small.jpg

IMG_2355small.jpg

IMG_2356small.jpg